FREE Hardwood to good home

Status
Not open for further replies.

FATWEASEL

New User
FATWEASEL
Hi, first post. Woodcraft, in Matthews, NC recommended this site to me.

I'm doing some garage cleaning and need to give away some wood that I collected some years ago. I can't tell you the species but it looks to be mainly oak. There may be others. It has been sitting in the corner of my garage, off the floor, for the past 7-8 years I would guess.

The two samples that I measured were about 1.7" thick, 4.24" wide and range from 12-24+" long. I have maybe 110-135 pieces. Some have banding marks around the edges and ends. They were part of the packing used in a warehouse racking system. I thoroughly inspected the pieces when I collected them for any nails or brads and discarded any that I found (very very few) but I don't make any quarantees. These pieces were NOT nailed to anything, just banded to protect the corners of the equipment.

The stack takes up about 3Wx3Lx3H foot in the corner of my garage.

These would make excellent blanks for small projects. Please, if you are interested, I ask that you take ALL OF THEM. I MIGHT even help you load them :rotflm: No, seriously, I might.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Where is Monroe?

I am interested.

Oh, below Charlotte...

I am slightly vehicularly impaired at the moment.

jtdums

New User
Jim
Would you consider donating to a public high school woodworking program? My students would make good use of these. I'll PM some more info.
-Jim

FATWEASEL

New User
FATWEASEL
Would you consider donating to a public high school woodworking program? My students would make good use of these. I'll PM some more info.
-Jim

Jim, I'd be happy to donate them. They are free to who ever can help me make them disappear from my garage.

Short of Mike making a 5 hour round trip by horse and wagon, you are first on the list. Sent you a PM.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
-Jim

Excellent Idea!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

jtdums

New User
Jim
Thanks everyone for the vote of confidence.
I will post some pics of our new shop soon. (I know no photo, no proof) I would also like to host as shop crawl/ open house down the road. I'll post of course when we are ready.
-Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS