"Free" Bent lamination workshop

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Stuart Kent has agreed to host my lamination workshop. I decided to make it a free class.

Stuart is in need of tools to stock his 5 workbenches in the hand tool classroom.

So, I would like you to donate a hand tool to the school. Stuart can chime in with the sorts of tools he needs but I'm sure hand planes, marking tools, measuring devices, and anything you would use at your workbench will be needed.

Details on the time and length of the class still need to be worked out. It may be a two day class.
We will discuss lamination design, making bending molds, determining optimum thickness of strips, and finishing the bent pieces.
We will build some molds, glue up some parts, and assemble a project.

Reply if you would definitely take the class some weekend in October or November.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Sure I am interested Mike, but details like dates and 1 or 2 days matter. So I am very tentative.
Bent lamination is not (yet) in my repertoire.

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
Hi guys, I'm excited - and very appreciative to each or you - most especially Mike!

I am working on the fall and spring schedules now, so I will connect with Mike and we'll come up with a few dates for you to choose from.

More as it develops...

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hi guys, I'm excited - and very appreciative to each or you - most especially Mike!

I am working on the fall and spring schedules now, so I will connect with Mike and we'll come up with a few dates for you to choose from.

More as it develops...
Stuart,
How about a list of the tools you are looking for and quantities?

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
sorry to hear that Mike. I am gearing up for the State Fair now, so I won't be able to do anything until after anyway.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS