Franklin County Boy finds great site/Happy to be here

Status
Not open for further replies.

btdust

New User
bill
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Have enjoyed woodworking for the past 5 years. Have more enthusiam and tools than I do skill level, but that has not slowed me down. I'm hoping this site will give me the opportunity to learn and make new friends. Will be 60 this year so I'm still having to show up for work. Have a hard time finding time for this passion. Any ideas where I can learn more about woodturning? Have purchased a small jet lathe, but all the classes I check on are already filled.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Bill, we're happy to have you here. What are your interests in woodturning. There are many accomplished turners on the site that would be happy to help educate you in whatever turning style you're interested in. I think that you'll have to try hard not to make a friend or two in this site's membership. Some of the best people I've ever meet in NC are members here.
I look forward to your input in the forums and hopefully seeing some of your work.
Dave:)

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Bill,

Welcome to our sawdust pile. I'm sure you'll love it here. So, what have you worked on since you fell victim to woodworking? What kinds of things do you like to build?

One of the things we really love here is photos of projects, photos of workshops, photos of shop critters, etc. Be sure to post a few.

Ray

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Welcome, Bill. You've landed on the best forum for anyone from the novice (like me) to the Master Craftsman. They're all on here, and all are willing to help in any way possible.

You've got a really nice guy and a "wood artiste" right there in your town of Youngsville. His name is Robert Webster and he goes by "sawduster" on here. He is a VERY accomplished scroll saw artist. Check out his gallery to see some of his work.

If I can ever be of assistance, just shoot me a PM.

Welcome aboard!

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bill, if you're like me and most people in our age group, and you are able to adapt to a computer to get here, I don't think woodturning will be much of a problem. The folks here are very supportive and will instill in you the courage to try anything you might like. They'll help keep you out of trouble too! Welcome aboard.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Bill,

Welcome aboard ! I'm sure that you'll learn alot from the turners on this site, they're a great bunch of guys as are the rest of us. Working on the lathe is referred to as going to the dark side:lol:. You'll learn soon enough.

Anyway, it's nice to have you,

Jimmy:)

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome to our little playpen, Bill! This is a great site with nice folks always willing to help. I'm a newbie to turning also(just pens so far). Not too far away in Warren county (Lake Gaston). Come up and sit a spell sometime!

As mentioned before, don't forget the pictures, pictures....

sawduster

New User
Robert
Howdy-doody nayber :mrgreen: I'm a scroller and a woodworker wannabe, pretty new to the site and I have never met a nicer, more knowledgeable , patient group of folks in my life :icon_thum
We have another member, scrollski ( Jim ) who is an excellent scroller and woodworker who lives in Y-ville also
Where abouts do you hang your hat in Y-ville ?
Welcome to the group friend

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Hi Bill, and welcome to the site! I see you have already started to go down the dark path towards woodturning.... Plenty of excellent turners here on NCWW, I'm sure they can help you out. If you need something to be out of square - that's my area of expertise!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Bill..... I am looking forward to seeing your works. I hope you have a digital camera because around here no pictures means it did not happen.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCWWer Bill:icon_thum
Our virtual woodworking classes are never full and available 24/7. And you are surrounded by some great folks in Youngsville who specialize in luring members to their shops to enjoy the shared interest.

Enjoy,
Roger

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Great to have you with us Bill! If you're ever over my way, I'd be happy to share the little I know about turning. I'm sure there are others closer to you who will do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS