Found More than just a Sander

Status
Not open for further replies.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Well I guess I need to do this.
With the help and guidance from Mr. Travis Porter I traveled to Winston Salem to look at a Sander. (BTW, A Big Thank You to Tarheel for pointing me in this Direction)
What a found was an excellently looked after Woodmaster 718.

Not only is it a Sander, but with another and heavy head (35lbs.) It converts into a 18 1/2 planer.

Nope not done yet :icon_thum
It is also a Molder, and a gang rip saw.
Everything can be changed over to the other functions easily in 3-5 minutes. It is done so in a way, that is patented to Woodmaster, so that there is no additional set up required.
Though I didn't get any molding knifes I did receive enough brand new blades to accomplish gang ripping.

Man the specs on this machine are awesome.
It has 2 motors operating this machine, with one of them dedicated to operating the conveyor rollers. From 0 to 16 FPM.
With this machine mainly powered by a 5HP motor and capable of planing up to 18 1/2" wide planks, I just might sell the 20" Grizzly.
I'll have to play with it more first to decide.

I also got a bunch of Sander Paper to go with it.

And Just think I was just looking for a sander. With this model I won't have to worry about head aligment, belt slipping or the other inherent problems with the open ended drum sanders.

Thanks For looking.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Congrats Mac! Glad you were able to get it.
That's a nice setup. You and Jeremy have the same machine. He stole his though.:gar-Bi

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Rock! is the only word I can think of to describe the deal you got. :thumbs_up

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Glad to see another one of these with a member of NCWW! I've only used mine for the sanding function so far, but plan to buy some blades and put it to use as a planer.

NICE SCORE! We'll be in touch!:wink_smil

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Come on Lil brother, anytime.

There is always an open invitation to my woodworking brothers.
My number is 910 308 2746.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS