Found in some firewood

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Got some old slab wood from Jack ( saw4you ) for the pig pickin fire . Gotta sort it before ya burn it ya know :gar-Bi Well low and behold while band sawing some down for kindling i stumbled om some ambrosia

ambrosia_pen3.jpg

View image in gallery

what really bites is that I burned some of it before really noticing the figure :BangHead: Got a couple pieces left though :icon_thum

thanx for lookin :mrgreen:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Great looking pen! :icon_thum
................but how'd da 'cue taste? :eusa_danc

sawduster

New User
Robert
Great looking pen! :icon_thum
................but how'd da 'cue taste? :eusa_danc

The word Righteous comes to mind :icon_thum my dad makes his own sauce and it is da bomb :banana:
.....'course we also had some flavored ketchup for our northern friends who attended :gar-Bi

Thanx for the kind words everyone. I turn a lot of pens and most are just pens but once in awhile I do one that really comes out okey-dokey :mrgreen:

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Very nice! :icon_thum

Flavored ketchup? northern friends?

You need a lesson in Southern culinary geography. :gar-Bi
In Alabama and Georgia, where I was born and raised respectively, we used spicy sweet tomato based sauce on 'cue and used vinegar to pickle all manner of formerly living things that might otherwise be wasted (pigs feet, watermelon rind, etc). :rolf:

Glennbear

Glenn
Nice pen Robert but apparently you had forgotten to heed your own words :rotflm:

"It ain't scrap till I say it's scrap ! :icon_thum "

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
That is a real beaut, Robert.

I may have to come over there and relieve you of that wood just so's you don't burn any more!:slap: :slap:

sawduster

New User
Robert
You are the master :notworthy:

Very kind of you to say Good Sir but I'm usually more of a miss-ter than a master when it come to pens :mrgreen:. Got lucky on this one . There are lots more that I don't even let the dog see :gar-La; I plug along though, heck even an old blind hog will stumble up on an acorn once in a while :rotflm:

Thanx everyone for the kind words and encouragement

Kenderc

New User
Dan
Hey Robert! That really is a gorgious pen! What a great find, reminding me to really keep my eyes open when I go raid the wood pile at froglip's place. (oops, did I say that out loud?) :gar-La;

sawduster

New User
Robert
Hey Robert! That really is a gorgious pen! What a great find, reminding me to really keep my eyes open when I go raid the wood pile at froglip's place. (oops, did I say that out loud?) :gar-La;

sneak over to the pile while he's sharpening those skews :gar-La;

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Late to the party cause I am in a motel with crappy internet service, but I only have two [STRIKE]WORDS[/STRIKE] SMILIES :swoon::elvis:. Great job Brother.

Pop

New User
Pop Ryan
The word Righteous comes to mind :icon_thum my dad makes his own sauce and it is da bomb :banana:
.....'course we also had some flavored ketchup for our northern friends who attended :gar-Bi

Thanx for the kind words everyone. I turn a lot of pens and most are just pens but once in awhile I do one that really comes out okey-dokey :mrgreen:

"okey-dokey"!!?? Sounds like some of our 'northern' sayings are rubbing off on yinz...LOL

sawduster

New User
Robert
"okey-dokey"!!?? Sounds like some of our 'northern' sayings are rubbing off on yinz...LOL

Well with so many of 'em living down here now it can't help but rub off a little :rotflm:

I have a friend from Long Island and it still cracks me up to hear him say " y'all "
....cause he still has his Island accent :gar-La;
" Y'all want some cawfee ? " :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS