Forrest WWII TK $71.99!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Use this promotional code 200FFPTA for just about 20% off at Amazon.com for the WWII :eusa_danc

this promo was discovered by accident when I cruised over to BT3Central from another post here.

M

McRabbet

That is a good deal -- but looking at the Promotion code, it looks like it is 2OOFFPTA, not 200FFPTA -- those are capital 'o's", not zeros! And, it may apply to other products, too since they mention router bits as well as blades.

Rob

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
FWIW: I met on of the principles of Forest a couple of years ago. They will match ANY sales price when you order from them directly. Just let them know the details of the sale.

Doug

DavidF

New User
David
Use this promotional code 200FFPTA for just about 20% off at Amazon.com for the WWII :eusa_danc

this promo was discovered by accident when I cruised over to BT3Central from another post here.

I have the thin kerf of this blade and I wouldn't buy it again. my 2d worth.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I was looking for the full Kerf version of the blade, my Freud Glue-Line Rip is full kerf and my 1.5 hp Jet doesn't seem to have a problem driving it through hard maple or purple heart, so I personnally am sticking with full kerf when available. unfortunately, the Amazon's stock of the full kerf blade is out, so another vendor is handling them, and they do not match the sale price :(

Thanks David for your opinion on the TK version of this blade, what were your exact concerns, for others who may be looking for TK?

DavidF

New User
David
I was looking for the full Kerf version of the blade, my Freud Glue-Line Rip is full kerf and my 1.5 hp Jet doesn't seem to have a problem driving it through hard maple or purple heart, so I personally am sticking with full kerf when available. unfortunately, the Amazon's stock of the full kerf blade is out, so another vendor is handling them, and they do not match the sale price :(

Thanks David for your opinion on the TK version of this blade, what were your exact concerns, for others who may be looking for TK?

Two things: One is that I was running with the blade stiffener as recommended and kept forgetting that it limits the depth of cut considerable and often ended up with a score mark on the piece I was cutting where the stiffener had rubbed or I just need a little more height and had to stop and take it off. Worse is that I am sure, at least on my setup that when ripping a very small edge off the side of a board say to bring it to final width that the blade was bending under the cutting force. Giving an inaccurate cut. If the cut was made in the centre of the board and the blade supported on both sides then it was fine. Others may not have found this, but now I restrict the blade to cross cutting and only then not right at the edge if the cut is critical. Quality of cut is great as far as surface finish is concerned so no doubt the full kerf blade is very nice. I bought it because of concerns on the web about the power of the dewalt 746 (1 3/4 hp), but in use I have cut full height with the supplied 30 tooth Dewalt combo blade in all sorts of woods and never had a problem. In fact I have just had it sharpened and if somebody particularly needs a TK blade for a small saw then I would sell it to them.

charlie s

New User
Charles
I agree with David. I too have the thin kerf and will never have another one. It seems to me the blade needs sharpening more often and the tips are more fragile. I've retired mine for good.

Charlie

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I'm with David and Charlie. I used thin kerf for years, and have pretty much switched away because of the flex. It was the worst on my miter saw. Which makes me think, I need to sell some blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors