Forrest WW II Thin-Kerf Blade on sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grgramps

New User
Roy Hatch
Sweetgum
That's a fantastic price for a blade that I have used for several years and it's still sharp. I don't need one, but for that little, it's tempting. Is that a sign that I have some disease?
I note they are putting us on a waiting list, but this may not be important as long as it's not needed now.
Roy

DaveO

New User
DaveO
In y'alls opinion what would be a better blade. I have always used a Freud TK combo on my TS. It's 2 HP and I have always thought that a TK blade would be more efficient. But I know that a FK blade is going to run truer. How great are the advantages either way????
Dave:)

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
DaveO: In my limited experience, I haven't had any problem with the TK blades (Freud) running true except for when I tried to resaw a damp piece the full depth (3 1/2") at one go and my fence wasn't exactly right and my insert didn't have a splitter on it. (That got ugly and the blade warped out over 3/16" before I had enough sense to shut down the saw. Not proud of it but it was a lesson learned.)
The main thing I notice with the thin kerf is about twice the noise (not using a stabilizer) as opposed to a full kerf, and less sawdust.:lol:

Go

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I have not had any problems with my TK not running true, but a thicker plate is bound to be stiffer and thus truer. I just didn't know if I was gaining a significant amount of "power" by using a TK blade in a "under-powered" saw or would it be better to run a FK for the extra stiffness and increased number of sharpening. Probably insignificant differences either way.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Breaking news...my wife can't pass up a good deal, she just ordered me the WWII TK ('cause it was cheaper) with 2 day shipping. So I should be gloating properly with pics by Thursday :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc Happy Father's Day to me :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Dave:-D

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Well Dave, let me be the first to offer you an unofficial pre-YOU SUCK.:lol: We will make it official once you show us the pix. You're going to love that blade.

D L

Sweetgum

New User
Brad Keisler
Nice Dave. I can't wait till mine comes in too. Good thing you don't subscribe to the woodguy1975 method of tool buying :)

LOL

DavidF

New User
David
DaveO said:
In y'alls opinion what would be a better blade. I have always used a Freud TK combo on my tablesaw. It's 2 HP and I have always thought that a TK blade would be more efficient. But I know that a FK blade is going to run truer. How great are the advantages either way????

I have the TK WW II and very rarely use it. I might put it in if I was doing some fine crosscutting, but use to get caught out all the time with the restricted DOC. I tried removing the large dampner plate, but when just trimming a small amount off the edge of a board I was getting blade movement. A cut that was well supported on both sides was ok. So I keep the Dewalt GP blade in 90% of the time and it does a good job. The 1 3/4 hp of the dewalt has never proved to be too low even at full cut with the DW blade -just push slower

chris99z71

New User
Chris
I'll throw my pitch in here for the Ridge Carbide TS2000. WG pointed me in that direction when I mentioned to him that I was considering a WWII. Stiffest, flattest blade that I've ever seen. Huge amounts of carbide. Cuts like a laser beam.

Just a word of caution about items that Amazon has listed as "in stock soon". I ordered an "in stock soon" Douglas hammer for myself on 12/18. I still haven't received it. Every 3 weeks I get another email saying that I'll get it in 3 weeks. After numerous attempts to get someone at Amazon to look into the matter, I finally contacted Douglas. Douglas told me that they couldn't deal with Amazon and had no intention of ever shipping them any more hammers...
Sorry I know this is a little off topic....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS