Forrest Woodworker II TS blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKHam

Bradley
User
i want to upgrade my crosscutting capabilities, let's say money is not a big concern in this. I've done budget buys until this point and now i'm ready for the best.

first idea....it seems a lot of folks get the 40 tooth general purpose forrest blade and get great crosscutting results. I use a stabilized thin kerf rip blade now and get good results already so i'm not really that concerned about the ripping usage. However, changing the blade is annoying so if i can get excellent crosscutting and do some light ripping, that's a perk. for heavy ripping activities, i can go to my normal rip blade setup. so that's one thought....

my next thought is....i'm looking to have the best crosscuts, that's the main focus here, why even mess around with a general purpose blade, even if it is the best out there? i should just go buy the nicest cross cut (60 or 80 tooth) and dedicate myself to quality and taking the time to change the blades out.

Is there someone out there that can tell me the forrest 40 tooth will give me tearout free ply and perfect hardwood crosscuts?

Wyatt Co.

New User
Bill
You'll get a dozen different reviews and recommendations. I like my budget blades (Irwin Marples and Diablo 50T) but my Freud P410T is top notch. I have a Woodworker II that I haven't used since I bought the Freud.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Check out the blades at Klingspores. I recently bought the 10"x24 rip blade, and I am thoroughly impressed. Of course, my previous blades have been Irwin and Avanti from BORGs, so I really had to place to go but up.

The crosscut blades should give Freud a good run for the money too.

Touchwood

New User
Don
I have two Forrest blades that I never use since both at different times lost carbide tips. Good reason for safety glasses. I agree with the comments on Freud. The best blade I own is a Schumacker and Sohn made in Germany. Can't find them anymore.

riggsp

Phil
Corporate Member
I'm a big fan of Freud blades...I use the Freud Premier Fusion general purpose blade for most of my work...When it was brand new, it was the sharpest blade I've ever handled, and it still outputs anything else I've owned...just my opinion.

BKHam

Bradley
User
I think i've decided to forego the Forrest. I'm looking at the Freud ultimate cutoff / crosscut blade. I'd like to check out klingspor but the move to cary has increased the drive significantly.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
​The blade article Mike Davis provided a link to is one of the best Blade explanations I've seen. Thanks Mike.

Pop
:eusa_clap

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Freud +++. I have a Forrest Woodworker ll that I no longer use. The Freud gives smoother cuts in most cases, especially the glue line rip. I use the Freud combination blades, of which I have a few, for most stuff.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Before dropping a Ben Franklin and some friends on a WWII, go to Cripe Distributing's web site and look at the Delta 76-3657. It's a 40 tooth general purpose blade. Set you back less than $25 + shipping. (Two ship for about the same amount "hint, hint.") I own a couple WWII's but the 3657 is my do everything blade, except when cutting veneer plywood. One of the WWII lost several teeth when it hit a buried SKU tag staple. Sent it to Forest, and when it came back, I had paid as much as when I bought it. Dynamic saw in Buffalo is my go to sharpening service.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I have two Forrest blades that I never use since both at different times lost carbide tips. Good reason for safety glasses. I agree with the comments on Freud. The best blade I own is a Schumacker and Sohn made in Germany. Can't find them anymore.
Lietz clearanced the Schumacher blades about ten years ago. Send your tired WWII"S to Dynamic Saw, and have them replace missing teeth. Less than 1/4 of what Forest charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors