Forrest Woodworker II blades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I took a quick glance at their website. If I read the pages correctly, you buy a Woodworker II from them in Buffalo, NY and if you don't like it, return it to Forrest in Clifton, NJ. I think I'd call Forrest and check to see if these guys are an authorized reseller before I sent them any money. ... or am I being paranoid?

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I took a quick glance at their website. If I read the pages correctly, you buy a Woodworker II from them in Buffalo, NY and if you don't like it, return it to Forrest in Clifton, NJ. I think I'd call Forrest and check to see if these guys are an authorized reseller before I sent them any money. ... or am I being paranoid?

Just for the fun of it, I sent a note to the folks at Forrest Manufacturing in NJ. I'll post their comments if they reply.

Michael Church

New User
Michael

Ray,

If I read correctly they are a reseller based in NJ. The coupons they give with the sale are for resharpening services provided by them. The purchase is from them, not Forrest. Hope thats correct.

Michael

Michael Church

New User
Michael
Ray,

After looking again at the website I see what you mean. Will look for your post of the reply from Forrest. It's a wild world out there in cyberspace.

Michael

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I just can't get excited about Forrest blades. I own two WWII's, one of which is NIB. The other had to be rebuilt after hitting one of those staples that hold a SKU tag on the end of a piece of wood. Lost a total of five teeth. After sending it back to Forrest to be fixed, I had within a few bucks of what I gave for it. For what I do, Freud / DeWalt / Delta blades serve me well, and a lot cheaper. From what I have seen, $80 is about standard price for a WWII.

fergy

New User
Fergy
The 716 area code is Buffalo, that's correct.

This is the place I bought a Forrest plastic blade from a few years back and had several of the teeth fly off of in the first cut. I was cutting 3/8" acrylic plate, so no staples or metal of any sort, and was using a large unisaw. I had to send it back to Forrest, but was refunded my money, minus shipping. I believe this place is an authorized reseller.

But, after that experience, I haven't used their blades since. At that time, it was a $200 blade, and I was getting better results off my $40 saw shop blade with the same specs.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
I'v never used forrest (the cost)I'v been using Frued for more years than I can remember.Right now I have the Frued 12"93 teeth ( I think ) on my Sliding Compound Miter Saw and there ain't a blade out there that will give you a smoother cut. 10" on the table saw,same deal.I pd 72 bucks for the 12" at lowes.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Just for the fun of it, I sent a note to the folks at Forrest Manufacturing in NJ. I'll post their comments if they reply.

Just got a note back from the good folks at Forrest Manufacturing in Clifton, NJ. Here's what they said...

Ray,

These folks www.forrestsawbladesonline.com are one of our biggest east coast stocking distributors with great prices & lots of knowledge of our sawblades.

Tell your members if they are looking for a new Forrest sawblades to go ahead & order from them they are legit and great people .

Your members can also order by phone from them if they don't use a computer @ 716-685-4458 ask for Janet.

Have a great day!

Thank you for chosing Forrest sawblades.

This is not meant to be a an advert or push for one blade over another... just a validity check of an on line seller. And it seem these guys are legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors