Forrest II Blade

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
I finally broke down and got a Forrest Saw Blade, the 48 tooth one. ........... Wow !

This is a good blade, I was using an Amana before, it is a good blade as well. But, the quality and accuracy of this blade is really noticeable.

The cut finish is plane quality finish. Just posted to say Wow, it was worth the extra cost ....... totally worth it. :cool:

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
I've had one forever and love it. Great blade. And their sharpening service is outstanding.

Red

Reactions: Oka

spartyon8

Peter
User
I am thinking of getting a forrest blade to replace my thin kerf freud rip blade. I do a heavy dose of rips and crosscuts. Lately, I have been getting a lot of blade chatter on my cuts and that is with a clean/sharp blade. I can even see the teeth of the thin kerf blade wobble sometimes during the cut. What forrest blade would you guys recommend?

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I have the Woodworker II I believe. I use it on my Sawstop and it's NOT the thin kerf version. It's the standard 1/8" kerf. The thin kerf is too thin for the splitter. It's a terrific blade and well worth the cost!

Wiley's Woodworks

Wiley
Corporate Member
I'm sorta on topic with my issue. A tooth broke off my Woodworker II 40T 10" blade on my miter saw. Dumb luck I discovered it.
--Is this going to cause any long term problems? I don't detect any new vibrations.
--Can it be fixed if it does become a problem?
--I live west of Asheville. Where can I get it repaired?

robliles

Rob
Corporate Member
Wiley,

Forrest offers both sharpening and repair service to their blades. I have used them for both and have been really happy with the quality of the work and the quick turnaround. You can go to their website to find a link to the sharpening/repair service where you can download a form to fill out for the work you want done and the address of where to send it.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I'm sorta on topic with my issue. A tooth broke off my Woodworker II 40T 10" blade on my miter saw. Dumb luck I discovered it.
--Is this going to cause any long term problems? I don't detect any new vibrations.
Not exactly sure why you were running a WWII on a miter saw. Any good sharpening service can replace your missing tooth. Forrest isn't the cheapest place to have this done. Once on a NEW WWII, I hit a hidden SKU tag staple, and lost four teeth . When Forrest had finished, their price for replacing four teeth, and TWO sharpenings, plus shipping both ways, was only a few bucks less than I paid for the WWII new. Forrest charges for two sharpening, as they can't just face grind teeth, but have to do sides also. Sent a friend's 12" melamine blade to Dynamic Saw to have several teeth replaced (It hit a piece of steel inside a sheet of melamine,) and was only charged for actual teeth replacement and one sharpening. They did same thing as Forrest had done on my WWII. Sharpening a WWII isn't rocket science as Forrest would have you belive. Check with Klingspor for the names of sharpening services in Asheville area.

Sp00ks

New User
Jerry

Sorry this may not be of much help. My son works for Ashecroft Saw, they have an affiliate business out your way and I can't remember the name of the place. I'll try and ask him when I see him. He has had teeth replaced for me in the past. An alternative is to call the klingspor location in Asheville and ask them. Here near Raleigh, they used to do work for Klingspor. I don't believe it's extremely expensive to have it repaired.

I was in the shop one day, my son walks in, hasn't been there 1 minute and from 10 feet away says "you have a missing tooth on your blade, give it to me" I had no idea.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS