Forest Woodworker ll

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Mike, forgot to tell you sorry about your accident. Personally, I have had great success using the Freud Diablo blades on circular saw. So good in fact, that once Irwin offered a trade in deal. Trade in any brand of blade and get a new Irwin free, so I did. Next day took Irwin blade back and asked if they still had my old Diablo blade.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Mike, forgot to tell you sorry about your accident. Personally, I have had great success using the Freud Diablo blades on circular saw. So good in fact, that once Irwin offered a trade in deal. Trade in any brand of blade and get a new Irwin free, so I did. Next day took Irwin blade back and asked if they still had my old Diablo blade.
The Forest blade came via UPS yesterday. it is so much thicker and feels so stiff compared to the Freud which I will never buy again.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Prayers for complete and rapid healing Mike--my mishaps are with saws, circle and band, but I won't give them up even though I'm still recovering from the love fest between my right thumb and the band saw, same thumb I tested the sharpness of my Forest Woodworker ll. I very seldom use a router, even though there are 5 in the shop. Believe it or not, my first saw accident was with a band saw and my right pointy finger when I was 7 and already a woodworker--that was 70 years ago. I'm really blessed that I still have all 10 hanging off my hands. So no matter how much experience and how careful we try to be, accidents do happen.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
One week update. Pain is less except for occasional shooting pain. Swelling is going down but still substantial. Still no feeling in fingers.

6D393035-4122-4C7D-A379-4170BCB91CF1.jpeg

987FA13E-9F19-4BF9-9F4B-9283E88743DA.jpeg

Matt Furjanic

New User
Matt
Thanks for sharing, Mike. It’s hard to look at that - just gives me the chills...
But, it’s a good lesson for all of us.
Best wishes for fast healing. Take care buddy...

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Mike, good to hear that your injury is healing well. Are you recovering any feeling in your fingers?

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
It looks pretty clean there after the doctor trimmed the ragged skin, stuffed the hamburger muscle inside, and sewed the wide gap together. He said I was very fortunate on two counts. I never smoked tobacco which has left my skin very supple and elastic so it could stretch back together over the wide gap. And I have very large hands which left a lot of flesh around the large wound. Otherwise we would be looking at a skin graft.
Really sorry about your hand. Not ever smoking sure can make a difference. I had neck surgery twice and was back on a horse in 3 months. Doctor said it was because I had never smoked.
Take really good care of that wound and avoid infection.

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
Good deal I I'm picking one up when I get in town someone is holding for me it is that exact router I was telling Bruce kinda scary

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS