For Sale Rockwell 8" Jointer

NCJeepGuy

New User
Brad
I have a 8" Rockwell Jointer in decent shape for sale. It is a 3ph unit and has the steel stand. Cleaned it up some and everything moves as it should. Bearings on cutter head are in good shape, cutting blades look good, there is a knob missing on the fence lock and the arbor is missing to lock down the fence outside of 90 degrees. If anyone is interested let me know. Looking to get $275 out of it. Located in Concord, NC.

Attachments

• IMG_20200213_181520141.jpg
    IMG_20200213_181520141.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 428
  • IMG_20200213_181601236.jpg
    IMG_20200213_181601236.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 412
  • IMG_20200213_181538773.jpg
    IMG_20200213_181538773.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 363

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Wow. That sounds like a great price. I'm sure someone will snatch it up quick. I might if I were closer!

Do you have a forklift to load it? Bet it weighs a ton!

NCJeepGuy

New User
Brad
Wow. That sounds like a great price. I'm sure someone will snatch it up quick. I might if I were closer!

Do you have a forklift to load it? Bet it weighs a ton!
No forklift but I can bring a skid steer home from work to lift it if push can to shove haha.

Not many folks have 3 phase electric so a motor swap is gonna factor into the cost, or a variable frequency drive. The base isn't rusted out but someone could return this machine to it's former glory. I already have a 6" Delta jointer and this thing is a beast. I'd rather see someone get use out of it and build their woodshop.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
This is a great deal. Add a single phase motor for 100_150 and your still in the you suck category.

tijmt

Jared
User
I picked up an 8in 1950s Art Deco delta jointer a few months back that I am restoring. It is very similar to this one. (but a lot more rust :) ) I only had a Honda Fit to get it home, but I found that mine could be taken apart quite easily. Your base seems a bit more put together than mine, but if someone does not have a forklift or truck, it might be a lot easier to break it down into its parts.

-Jared

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
I have a similar jointer and it was delivered in two boxes, the machine and the base. Assembled it lying on its side and tilted it upright, so the buyer could do likewise, only in reverse.

Roy G

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
To move jointer, remove fence and guard from beds. Strap a 2 X 8 (four straps) to beds so they can't move. Under no circumstances, lift jointer by ends of beds, you will break the ways. Rmove jointer from base, set on floor and turn over for transport. Then you can lift it by the 2 X 8 as beds ares supported.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS