For Sale: Nice Rough Cut Hardwoods

Status
Not open for further replies.

richlife

New User
Rich
I have 2000 board feet (or more) of almost 4-yr-old air dried 4/4 lumber -- $1500 OBO. It's mostly quarter-sawn red oak, as well as white oak and red maple with a little hickory. It was cut on a bandsaw mill (Roy Lynch, Lynchco), has been properly stacked, stickered and covered (on top) and treated right away with Bora-Care to prevent wood borers. Mounted on cinderblock 16" above ground.

As of today, there is still no sign at all of wood borers. Pics taken today are attached. You can see that the boards are straight and not warped. They are mostly 8 feet long (some about 6 feet), 4" to 16" or more wide (mostly 6-8"). At least half has been brushed free of sawdust from milling and any defects marked (as well as total board feet indicated). The pic "Remainder Original" is the balance of the mixed stack which has not been brushed clean. (18 months ago when I cleaned and re-stacked, I severely damaged my left knee and have not been able to complete that effort due to the high risk of doing the same to my right knee -- both knees have had long term issues. The left has had two surgeries in less than a year including full knee replacement earlier this year.) The pic "Board Stack" is the original full stack taken in Sept. 2014 -- 8 ft. high, 8 ft long and 6 ft wide.

You can reach me at 919-624-4091.

Attachments

• Top of Red Maple.jpg
    Top of Red Maple.jpg
    467.8 KB · Views: 186
  • Remainder Original Mixed.jpg
    Remainder Original Mixed.jpg
    655.1 KB · Views: 162
  • QS Red Oak Stacks.jpg
    QS Red Oak Stacks.jpg
    616.8 KB · Views: 164
  • Red Maple & White Oak.jpg
    Red Maple & White Oak.jpg
    558.2 KB · Views: 156
  • Three Stacks.jpg
    Three Stacks.jpg
    780.4 KB · Views: 165
  • Board Stack.jpg
    Board Stack.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 169

richlife

New User
Rich
I personally think that $1500 is quite good price for this much lumber -- low enough to allow a decent resale option. While it may well take more time to get it sold, I did want to offer the wood here on NCWoodWorker first. Having received no comments or inquiries, I'll also go ahead and place this on Craigslist also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS