For Sale Listings - Check out the Facebook page

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
THAT is something you will never hear me say....
Different strokes. If you avoid politics it a great resource. I have my only child and other family and friends living in Europe and lots of friends in Australia and New Zealand. It's the only platform that works for me to stay in touch.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Some days all I see from the NCWW FB page is ads to buy or sell tools, lumber, etc. The one that I found "odd" was the first time post for someone selling thousands of live edge slabs, etc.
That was Advantage lumber from just inside the SC line. She is originally from Brasil and is figuring it out. We have an opportunity to generate ad revenue and donations for the .net site with large businesses like this so we are taking it slow. We have a very attentive and responsive admin staff controlling what goes on in the group. Very little gets past us and every member gets vetted to join If someone posts sketchy stuff it gets tossed along with the member. Woodworking and nothing else.

gritz

New User
Robert
I am also a "Never Facebook" guy, no matter what is being offered. I don't understand how so many folks simply ignore the fact that they are giving their personal information and data to people I consider to be immoral crooks. Then there is the political manipulation that has recently become commonplace.

Billm0066

Bill
User
Are you referring to "posts' on the NCWW Facebook page that show items for sale? Or are you simply using the Facebook Marketplace?

In my view FB Marketplace has become overrun with vendors selling goods ("Ships to you") rather than local ads. I have to scroll and scroll to find local stuff. For that reason alone I tire very easily of the scrolling needed. The advantage is that when someone posts someting on FB you can see there name (or whatever they used to get onto FB) and that in and of itself lends a little more credibiltiy to a potential transaction (compared to the prescribed anonymity of Craigslist).

Change delivery method to pickup only. That gets ride of the shipped stuff.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I am also a "Never Facebook" guy, no matter what is being offered. I don't understand how so many folks simply ignore the fact that they are giving their personal information and data to people I consider to be immoral crooks. Then there is the political manipulation that has recently become commonplace.
Exactly how different are they from Google or Amazon or Apple or Samsung or any large bank or credit card company if you take politics out of the equation? All large companies are involved in data collection and marketing of that data. It's part of their P&L.

ralitaco

Jim
Senior User
That was Advantage lumber from just inside the SC line. She is originally from Brasil and is figuring it out. We have an opportunity to generate ad revenue and donations for the .net site with large businesses like this so we are taking it slow. We have a very attentive and responsive admin staff controlling what goes on in the group. Very little gets past us and every member gets vetted to join If someone posts sketchy stuff it gets tossed along with the member. Woodworking and nothing else.
Sounds good. Like I said, it just looked odd and every reply to a question was "PM me"

gritz

New User
Robert
Brother Tarhead, I can get around Google by using other browsers or extensions. I have discovered that Amazon's policy of building market for a product only to drop it and begin marketing it themselves leaves room for competition, especially from sellers of the displaced products, which are often cheaper and with similar deliveries. I do not use any Apple or Samsung products. I only use community banks and only credit cards which pay me to use them.
Sorry, I can't take politics out of this particular equation. You may, but IMHO you do so at peril to yourself and your progeny.

ck1999

Chris
User
I think the link under social media does not go to current Facebook group but old page. It does.not have recent post. But if I search on Facebook for North Carolina woodworker it has an active page.

ralitaco

Jim
Senior User
I think the link under social media does not go to current Facebook group but old page. It does.not have recent post. But if I search on Facebook for North Carolina woodworker it has an active page.
Interesting...seems like there is a group and a non-profit page out there.

The page I go to and see posts: Facebook Groups
Last post February 27, 2021 at 1019am.

The page under the Social Media dropdown: northcarolinawoodworker
Last post June 9, 2020.

stevenross

steven
User
I am definitely not a Facebook power user --- so if I use the link under social media to access NCWW Facebook page - how can I see Marketplace just for that page (not the rest of the universe)?

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Steven, there is no specific Marketplace for our Facebook group. Individuals that are members of the GB group place their items for sale as regular posts

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I reverted the change for the URL. This link is for the official group setup by the BOD.

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
There are 8 admins & moderators for the group:
1614623667127.png

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS