For Immediate Review, Three Strike Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
This is the proposed three strike policy I would like to post and put in place prior to creating a new off topic forum: I think I remember the BOD asking to see the policy before I posted it. I spent almost four hours on the phone that night so it is kinda running together. And, yeah it is almost three in the morning:swoon:.

Three Strike Policies:

Q. Why is this policy necessary?
A. The staff has implemented this policy in an effort to keep the site family friendly and to ensure more consistency in the moderation process. The Site Policies can be viewed by visiting the following link. Site Policies

Q. Who does this policy apply to?
A. This policy applies to anyone who uses North Carolina Woodworker including the staff and Board of Directors.

Q. What is a strike?
A. A strike is a violation of the posting policies as spelled out in site policies.

Q. Which forum does the three strike policy apply to?
A. This policy applies to all forums and content of North Carolina Woodworker. With special attention to the off topic forum.

(Special note regarding the off topic forum) "The off topic forum will now be an opt out forum."

Q. What happens when I get a strike?
A. This depends on how many strikes you have, see the strike process below.

Q. Who decides what constitutes a strike?
A. Staff members will define what violations or numbers of violations are considered to be a strike. Just because something posted is moderated doesn't mean it will be counted as a strike.

Q. Do I have any strikes against me when the policy is first put in place?
A. No, the good news is that all members start with a fresh slate.

Q. Can I be suspended for too many strikes?
A. Yes

Q. Can I be banned permanently for too many strikes?
A. Yes

Q. Do my strikes expire after a predetermined time?
A. Yes provided the number of strikes is less than three in a period of one year.

Q. Can I appeal a strike, suspension, and or banishment?
A. Yes, the Board Of Directors will handle any and all appeals and will have the final decision regarding the status of said appeal.

Q. How does the staff keep up with strikes?
A. The staff will use infraction software or an equivalent to track strikes.

Q. Can other members see how many strikes I have?
A. No, with the exception of the Staff and Board of Directors; your strikes are kept out of public view.

Q. If I am banished can I ever rejoin North Carolina Woodworker?
A. No, if you violate the policies enough in a year to be banished you will not be able to rejoin.

Strike Process:

3 Strikes within a one year period will constitute a 30 day suspension

If another strike happens in the first thirty days following the suspension, you will be permanently banished.

If another strike happens in day 31 through 90 following suspension, you will be suspended for another thirty days.

Following the second suspension, should another strike happen in next 12 months you will be permanently banished.

Last edited:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Couple things:

First I think you need to change this statement "Should another strike happen in the 12 months following the 90 day period, you will be permanently banished." I would suggest "Following a second suspension should another strike happen in the 12 months, you will be permanently banished."

Second I would include a link to the posting rules.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Couple things:

First I think you need to change this statement "Should another strike happen in the 12 months following the 90 day period, you will be permanently banished." I would suggest "Following a second suspension should another strike happen in the 12 months, you will be permanently banished."

Second I would include a link to the posting rules.

+1

Might want to include the opt in/opt out information as well. Tracy, it looks great to me. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up Thanks so much for getting that together and for everything you do for the site. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

On a related note, I won't post the minutes from the last conference call to the download library until after the OTF is back and the new policies have been posted. It might help to give one clear message and then show the discussion that lead up to it, rather than show the discussion before the decisions have been implemented.

Last edited:

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Good call Scott, the wording is cllearer that way.

Trent, also a good call.:icon_thum

Doug

thanks Tracy. Get some sleep!

TracyP

Tracy
Made another edit. Changed the answer to who decides what constitutes a strike. The old answer was as clear as mud.:eek:

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Sounds good to me as well.
Thank you to all for the time spent on this and related issues!

TracyP

Tracy
I made one more edit. In the first paragraph it now reads "and to ensure more consistency in the moderation process" instead of "to take the emotion out of the moderation process".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS