Foam Type Sealant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennbear

Glenn
I have some upcoming DIY projects which are going to entail sealing some gaps, penetrations etc. in wood framing and masonry. I am aware of Great Stuff but because once started one has to use the whole can it is not practical for my applications. I have used it before but found it so messy that my ex-wife renamed it "Nasty @#$%" and in my mind the name was well deserved. :gar-La; I am looking for a similar type sealant that I can use for various spot jobs without wasting a whole can each time. Thanks. :wsmile:

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
I have cleaned the Great Stuff spray nozzle with ms(I think)before it hardened,so it was ready for use a second time.
Tony

Marlin

New User
Marlin
Yea get some cleaner and clean after use. Wear gloves.

There is some you can use and stop without cleaning but it cost a lot more and you have to buy a special gun/head for it, even then at the end of the day it still needs to be cleaned. So unless you are going to be doing this for your job then just buy the cheap cans and clean as you go.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Glenn you can find some tubes that fit the head well, think outside the box and you might be surprised what fits well enough to use. I don't clean the tube just the head and resuse a can til empty, and convenient~

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
I had the same issue with this stuff but one trick that I learned is to turn the can upside down after your application and clear the nozzle with the compressed gas. I have been able to use a can a few times after using this method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS