Floor Clock: Finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
I am very pleased to report that my latest project, a Grandmother Clock, is finished in time for Christmas. The project turned out to be a lot of fun to build. There was more milling work and miters than most of my recent work, but it was fun. That said, I do not recall too many "Norm Moments" (you know, when he seemingly gets everything to fit perfectly on the first try), but with a little tweak here and there it went together fairly well. As to the specifics of the build, the wood is cherry and I used a dark cherry stain after first applying a sealer coat. I then applied six coats of wipe on poly.

Merry Christmas to all!

Donn
Tool_Chest_102.JPG

View image in gallery

P1020061.JPG

View image in gallery

P10200601.JPG

View image in gallery

P10200591.JPG

View image in gallery

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Gorgeous work there, Donn!

I can see it adorning halls like that for a very long time and looking just as great (or greater) in years to come.

Congratulations on such a fine piece!

Wayne

Nelson

Nelson
Senior User
Great! I believe that would make it a Great Grandmother clock!:gar-Bi
Nice looking finish too!

nelsone

New User
Ed
Great looking clock! That's been on my list for several years. Did you work off plans? If so where did you get them?

bwat

New User
Bill
Awesome project and also on my bucket list for years. Looks great!!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Very, very nice clock! I'm planning to start a Grandfather Clock next week--just hope it'll be near as nice as your clock.:eusa_danc

lottathought

New User
Michael
VERY NICE!! A clock is on my to-do list one day......when I get my new shop set up..when i finish moving in..etc.. :new_blowi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS