Flag Cases - Need Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsone

New User
Ed
This past week my wifes stepfather was called home and the service was held yesterday. It was very nicely done and the American Legion provided Honor Guard service for a man who served and loved his country.

I would like some ideas for a flag case that I can present to my MIL. So, please show some pics!

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Hi Ed,
I'm sorry to hear about the lose of your wifes stepfather.Fathers Day will never be the same for her.Please tell her that she is in my thoughts.As well as the whole family!
Robert

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Sorry for you loss, Ed.

Here's a pic of a case I made recently from a pic at www.capitolflags.com
I don't have it here, but if you want more info I'll try to remember what I can.
Joe

Flag_case_001.JPG

nelsone

New User
Ed
Thanks guys!

Joe, That one is really nice. The Honor Guard collected the casings from the 21 gun salute and I would like to include those in the display along with any medals he may have from his service. That one would fit the bill! Still want to see what others have made, but I do like that one. Can it be hung or is it too heavy?

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I think it was designed for mantle or desktop, but I did put a keyhole in the back. In looking for something else this AM, I found a projct in WWJ 8/2006 for a flag case. I scanned it in just in case you want it. It's copyright, so I can only email.
Joe

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Ed, I am sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
Ed:
First of all my condolences on your families loss...
At the moment I'm in Alabama on business and the hotel has terrible Wi-Fi, with that said may I direct your attention to one of my photo galleries on this wonderful site... http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php?cat=323&ppuser=0
I have several different types of flag display cases that I've built over the years for retiring Air Force folks from Pope AFB
Hope these give you some more ideas
Gary

nelsone

New User
Ed
Hey Gary,

Thanks! Those are some very nice cases! I may borrow some design ideas! I need to find what medals he has to figure how much space I need.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Ed..Sorry to hear about your loss........here's one I just made for my Aunt
golfdad
P6070193.jpg

bitbight

New User
Ray
Ed, you made mention of the 21 cartridge cases you got. An idea to incorporate them into the case would be to use them as spacers/columns around the edge to hold front and back apart. In a triangle it would be one at each point and six on each side spaced at an equal distance. Polished they would look quite impressive against a beautiful grained wood.

Just my 2¢

Ray

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
Ed,
I've got a pic of one in my gallery. It's made so that in one triangle a flag is placed and the other triangle is for hanging medals/stripes/pins/etc.
Rob

Rob

New User
Rob
Here's one I just finished for my wife, anniversary present. The flag was flown on the capital the day she graduated law school. It's been laying around in boxes, and shelves collecting dust. So now it's finally on display. Made it out of American cherry, left over from hardwood flooring.

flagcase.jpg

Rob

New User
Rob
It's just mitered corners, 45 degrees, held with biscuts. Rounded the edges, 1/8th" groove for the glass. A rabbit in the back for a 1/4" plywood, and some velvet. The picture frame is just glued to the velvet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS