First Shot at Woodburning

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
So I decided to try something knew today to tag my projects going forward. I have never tried to do woodburning and dad(JCraig) had a HF Woodburning kit so I stole(borrowed) it to give the idea a try. I printed an image of my logo in reverse on the laser printer and tried to transfer it to the wood using a clothes iron. I got an okay transfer lost a few letters on the name but I faked it to just to see. If I can get a good transfer and move to a smaller tip I think I can make this pretty nice. It was pretty fun trying this out. Might look into it a little more....

burnt_logo.jpg

View image in gallery

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Pretty good there.I tried burning with a cheaper wood burning set and had trouble burning too much,some people could make works of art with the same set but I think a better set with an adjustable heat could be better to learn on for me.
Tony

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Pretty good there.I tried burning with a cheaper wood burning set and had trouble burning too much,some people could make works of art with the same set but I think a better set with an adjustable heat could be better to learn on for me.
Tony

If I really got into it I might would invest in a better one but right now this once is getting the job done. I don't have a clue how to use it in the first place.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors