First scrollsaw attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay

New User
Jay
This is my first attempt with my first scrollsaw. The saw is wonderful the project not too bad considering it was my first attempt. Thanks for looking.

Image010.JPG

IMG_0114.JPG

Last edited:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Nice job Jay, and I like the way you so blatantly snuck in the tool gloat. YOU SUCK!:lol: I have that same saw and love it.

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's very cool and very good :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I think that you did quite good for your first time. Keep it up you've got some talent.

Nice saw, is that a stealth gloat??? If so you suck :-D
Dave:)

Jay

New User
Jay
Thanks for the suckage gentleman. I got it this weekend and couldn't wait to try it out. It cuts like a dream. I am definitely satisfied.

cskipper

Cathy
Very nice job! What kind of blade did you use? Did you use the hold down? I seem to have difficulty with the plywood wanting to break. Oh yeah, you suck (meant in the nicest way possible).

R

rickc

Good job! I, too, have that saw and really enjoy it. You have gotten a great headstart. Now you get to look forward to learning compound cuts, stacking for multiple projects, etc, etc. You will really enjoy it! What did you put on the table to get it "slickery"?

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice work and I really like the design choice!

Toolwise YOU SUCK, but the project rocks!

Sapwood

Jay

New User
Jay
I just used one of the blades that came with the saw for this one. Couldn't tell you for sure what kind it was. Next time I will use one of the Olson #5 reverse tooth that I picked up. I used the hold down for some of it not all of it. Forgive me safety police! lol. I didn't have any trouble when I was using it though although I kept it slightly above the wood so it wasn't actually in contact with the wood. Sapwood I, liked the design too although to be honest I chose it because it was the simplest one that interested me. Again thanks for looking.

cskipper

Cathy
I think my hold-down is still attached to the saw - had to finagle it to get it out of the way. I think the biggest risk that poses on a scrollsaw is the piece breaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS