First project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyingspyder

New User
Scott
I finally got my inherited workshop up and wanted a project to do until I puchase a jointer, so I figured a $12 sheet of plywood wouldnt be too much of a risk. I made this from plans in Vol 16 Issue 93 Shopnotes. If I had know it would actually turn out half decent I would have bought better grade ply, but this might actually be functional. I did get cheaper casters than it called for, but I will change that when I can afford it.

Attachments

• IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 207
  • IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 183

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Looks like you'll get lots of use out of that!! I need to build something like that to put my planer on...NICE WORK!

DavidF

New User
David
You got the writing upside down!! Attention to detail Scott, that's what differentiates the true craftsman:lol: :lol: . Looks like a useful shop accessory.

Flyingspyder

New User
Scott
You got the writing upside down!! Attention to detail Scott, that's what differentiates the true craftsman:lol: :lol: . Looks like a useful shop accessory.

I was hoping no one would notice. I had to assemble mose of it upside-down so...:roll: :-D

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Functional :eusa_clap :eusa_clap , and the grain on the OSB is spectacular. I think I see some chatoyence there :lol: :lol:
Shop furniture doesn't have to be pretty, it just has to do its job, and that looks like it will do it very well.

Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Thanks for sharing Scott. I saw that project in Shop Notes and you've executed it well :icon_thum:icon_thum I'm confident you will find the stand useful.

Though you didn't ask for a "critique" . . . a bit of paint would quickly obscure the upside down writing :lol:

Congrats,
Roger

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Come on Sapwood - Paint it !?!?!?

That would hide the wonderful patina. I'd go with a coat of BLO to pop the grain, a coat of dewaxed shellac to seal it and a topcoat of satin poly. :slap:

Kidding aside - Looks like a good solid base. Nice job :eusa_clap

pete

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Looks good to me, when it comes to shop stuff I dont do perty I try to do useful :rolf:
Good job:icon_thum

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I find that when I build something on the cheap in my shop it is like a pregnant cat- you just can't get rid of it. It is amazing how temporary things soon become permenant. Looks good! Usually for me the hardest thing to do is build something for MY SHOP! Always seems that there are more pressing projects (jobs) that need to be done first.

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
I finally got my inherited workshop up and wanted a project to do until I puchase a jointer, so I figured a $12 sheet of plywood wouldnt be too much of a risk. I made this from plans in Vol 16 Issue 93 Shopnotes. If I had know it would actually turn out half decent I would have bought better grade ply, but this might actually be functional. I did get cheaper casters than it called for, but I will change that when I can afford it.

Scott, it looks awesome. I would have used MDF, but only because I'm a girl and I like the MDF "grain" better. :rolf::rolf::rolf::slap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS