First Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxracer

New User
Dan
Well, I finally did "something" in the shop. :wsmile:

My wife wanted a cabinet to store jars of stuff she cans. I had some oak lying around that came from an old log at my buddy's mill, so I figured I would give it a shot.

It's not "fine furniture" but she likes it and it's square and level. Had fun using the machines in the shop and learning this new hobby, which is all I am looking for. :gar-Bi

Sorry for the bad pics, not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination.:dontknow:

OakCabinet1.JPG

View image in gallery

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's awesome. Great figure in the Oak. And if you made Mama happy everyone is happy, so you done well!

Dave:)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
That's pretty darn good for a first project. Pretty good for project #50 too!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Good looking cabinet there, Dan!!

The hardware you selected and the fit of the inset doors looks great!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Can't beat great figured wood too.:icon_thum:icon_thum

Wayne

PChristy

New User
Phillip
It's not "fine furniture" but she likes it and it's square and level. Had fun using the machines in the shop and learning this new hobby, which is all I am looking for. :gar-Bi

Nice job on three accounts - nice piece of furniture - made wife happy and had fun - way to go:icon_thum

mxracer

New User
Dan
Thanks for the comments guys. Appreciate the comments on the figure. The oak was pretty old, moldy, and warped as my buddy cut it into 10-17" wide 4/4, so I had to cut everything but the sides into 2-3" strips and glue them back up. Great learning experience there as well. It amazes me that something like that can come from what looks like a "junk" piece of wood below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS