First project from rough lumber

Status
Not open for further replies.

LB75

George
This is a little project I've been working on for our newly remodeled den. This is the first project I've completed starting from rough lumber, in this case some cherry I picked up during the group buy we had back in 2012. The cabinet and door frames are made from the cherry and the door panels are sapele. I finished it with a coat of black walnut danish oil. I applied the finish to the doors last night and based on how long it took the oil to cure on the cabinet, it will probably be 4 or 5 days before I can rehang the doors. I had a lot of fun working on this and really enjoyed milling the cherry and sapele down to what I needed.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• kcjjiil.jpg
    kcjjiil.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 268
  • cU72QTv.jpg
    cU72QTv.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 266
  • SpNC48y.jpg
    SpNC48y.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 287
  • oSCSPmC.jpg
    oSCSPmC.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 268

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
I love it George, I built dart cabinets as my final project in cabinet making class at High School Vo-tech. We had to design, build, market and sell 3 of the project we chose. Good thing my home town had a lot of bars.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
You did a good job building your dart board George, something you'll enjoy for a long time!

JimD

Jim
Senior User
Looks good to me. I have a bunch of dry but unplanned oak and a bit of cherry on the wall waiting on me to finish house repairs/fixups. I hope to be putting it through the planner soon. I need a couple bedroom sets. Also a dining table. Fortunately, I've built both before but the kids have those and I need to build some more. Good problem to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS