First project and gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCogs

New User
Steve
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Turns out my wife is in charge of what goes in Alex and I'm cleaning up what comes out:no:.
So.....I'm really glad I made the table a few inches taller than the plans.:gar-La;

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Awesome job on the table and the kid.

And to TJ:

My wife's about to have our first (and second :help:), so good luck, and lemme know any strategies for finding shop time for the next year. To paraphrase Han Solo, I've got a bad feeling about that.

I have triplets and an older child. The going is tough with mutlples at first, but you get a routime and learn to accept help. It's important to make some time for yourself.

jmauldin

New User
Jim
Congrats on BOTH. You and your wife did a great job, and you did a great job on the changing station. However, just remember that glue, even waterproof, does NOT work on wet diapers!!!!!
Jim in Mayberry

AAAndrew

New User
Andrew
Great job on both projects! So, when are you going to start on your son's tool kit? It's never too early to begin collecting tools for him. Let's see, he'll need his own bench, toolbox, .... :lol:

Seriously, you did a good job with the changing table. You'll end up using that a whole lot more than a crib, so it's good you did that first.

And for you new dads out there, I highly recommend the book "Be Prepared: A Practical Handbook for New Dads". It has really useful information like how to change a diaper at an athletic event, how to improvise a diaper with a towel, a tube sock and some electrical tape, how to baby proof a room in 10 minutes with electrical tape, a couple of pipe cleaners and some tube socks. It's a fun book and the advise is real and approved by people who know better.

Good luck with really big project you've got lying on the table. It's the biggest and most important one you'll ever undertake.

AAAndrew
who's own project is approaching four-years-old and causing me to look at pre-schools and sit in poorly-made chairs way too small for me.

JohnW

New User
John
So Steve...
Can we expect to meet Alexander James at the Breakfast this Saturday?

Get the two boys out running around town together? He looks like a big breakfast man to me.:gar-Bi

Congrats on both your gloats:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS