First Post - Popping the Cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

HammerToe

New User
John Iovine
So, here is my first post. I just stumbled upon this board by chance. While looking up stuff in the Woodnet board, I caught Gator's link in his signature. Steve - thanks so much for putting this board together.

I've been trying to connect with other woodworkers in the RTP area and hoping I can meet a few people close to me. I started woodworking about 3yrs ago and although I am doing ok on my own would like to hangout and learn from someone who is an expirenced woodworker and learn a few more things. So if your in the Apex area, give me a shout. Most of neighbors think I am nuts with all this WW Equipment but hoping to one day supliment my income with my labor of love.

John

R

rickc

Welcome! This is indeed a great board and Steve is doing an excellent job with it. There is a good exchange of information and the members are quite respectful and very supportive. If you are looking to make contact with more woodworkers, check out some of the clubs in the area. I am involved in the Triangle Woodworker's Association and have found it quite beneficial. Very informed, experienced folks, monthly meetings with decent programs. Most have some type of workshop assoicated with the program. I know there are a number of members in the Apex area. You can check it out at:

www.ibiblio.org\twa

There is a section there with old newsletters so you can get an idea of what is going on in the club. There is also a calendar of programs and workshops. The upcoming year's programs are being finalized and will be published soon. There is also a wood turner's club as well, but I am not as informed about it.

Any way welcome!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
John, I live in Apex, in the Abbington development off of 64. The only problem is that I'm just learning. So I'm not a person to learn from.:-( My first project(s), building all the cabinets, etc in my garage shop is still not done.

Anyway, welcome to the ncwoodworker, we're glad to have you aboard. Rick's advice about TWA is right on.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Welcome, John!
You've joined a good group. Lots of opinions here - and you know what they say about those :)
I mean that in a good way, of course. Lots of suggestions and encouragement here and everbody keeps it constructive.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome too!!!! I am not very experienced either, but do like to hang out. And if your neighbors think your nuts with your equipment, then you're my kind of person. If I had neighbors they would think I was crazy too. I look forward to your input around here.

Dave:)

HammerToe

New User
John Iovine
rcorne01 said:
Welcome! This is indeed a great board and Steve is doing an excellent job with it. There is a good exchange of information and the members are quite respectful and very supportive. If you are looking to make contact with more woodworkers, check out some of the clubs in the area. I am involved in the Triangle Woodworker's Association and have found it quite beneficial. Very informed, experienced folks, monthly meetings with decent programs. Most have some type of workshop assoicated with the program. I know there are a number of members in the Apex area. You can check it out at:

www.ibiblio.org\twa

There is a section there with old newsletters so you can get an idea of what is going on in the club. There is also a calendar of programs and workshops. The upcoming year's programs are being finalized and will be published soon. There is also a wood turner's club as well, but I am not as informed about it.

Any way welcome!

I joined the TWA last year...went for about 6 months. Seemed that inorder to get any mentoring was difficult. But maybe I was talking with the wrong people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS