First Live Edge Table - Done

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
I completed my first live edge table, so I thought I would share with the group. I started by getting the slabs from Old Souls Custom Creations in Barnardsville (Rich Symonds). Rich harvested, milled, dried and flattened the slabs. Picking out the slabs may have been the hardest part. I set out looking for Walnut, but ultimately decided on oak. While I really like walnut, the oak fits in better with my house décor.

This was my design criteria:
- Live edge.
- Open to any domestic wood species.
- No epoxy river or major epoxy features.
- 1 or 2 slabs for top.
- Some inlay work required
- Leg design to minimize foot and leg interference.

I learned a lot along the way, and had fun overcoming challenges. There are definitely some things I could have done better. The good thing about making things for yourself is, you only have yourself to please...and your spouse (HA!). Any constructive criticism, questions or comments welcomed...it's all about learning and getting better. Also I haven't decided on chairs, benches or a combination of both. Feel free to chime in with your thoughts.

Attachments

• TABLE2022 (5).jpg
    TABLE2022 (5).jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 148
  • TABLE2022 (9).jpg
    TABLE2022 (9).jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 147
  • TABLE2022 (12).jpg
    TABLE2022 (12).jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 145
  • TABLE2022 (13).jpg
    TABLE2022 (13).jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 148
  • TABLE2022 (1).jpg
    TABLE2022 (1).jpg
    311 KB · Views: 148

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
That's one great-looking table, and I especially like the very unique leg arrangement...excellent job.

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
Another upvote for the leg design. I also like the fact that you bowtied the cracks on the top and on the underside and it looks like you paid just as much attention to detail on both sides. Well done!

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Another upvote for the leg design. I also like the fact that you bowtied the cracks on the top and on the underside and it looks like you paid just as much attention to detail on both sides. Well done!
Thanks, I used the underside for practice. It took me about 4 bow ties to figure out how to get it right. I also wanted to stabilize the cracks on both sides since the slabs were so thick.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS