First Customer For The Woodworking Source and a New Drill Press For Me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I have been wanting a new drill press for sometime to replace the benchtop drill press that I got on clearance at Lowe's. I went to see Rick DiNardo at the new woodworking store that is set to open soon and came away a very happy camper. Well the store is not open yet and he sold me the drill press that I have been drooling over. It is a 34" Shop Fox Radial Drill Press model number W1670. It has a horizontal sliding headstock. The headstock tilts 45 degrees left and 90 degrees right. This is one sweet machine and he made me a good price :crossedlips::crossedlips:. The store will be open soon and I was proud to be his first customer. Fellow woodworkers, if you want a good price on some good machinery, then take the short drive to Mooresville NC to the Woodworking Source when his store opens. He is "thesource" on our site.
Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I seen this machine in action yesterday and Tracy is right - it is a one sweet machine :icon_thum- When I get ready to purchase another machine I will take the drive down to Mooresville

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Yeah, that's a nice purchase!!!

Congrats on being their first! Enjoy the new toyl!!

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Now you've done it! That's what I want for my next purchase!! I'd like to come up and see that thing in action!!

:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
It is a 34" Shop Fox Radial Drill Press model number W1670.

Let us know how you like it!

I've had my eye on a radial arm drill press for quite some time, now. Besides the Shop Fox, I've looked at the Grizzly and Rikon models - as well as one made by AMT many years ago. The only thing stopping me is the available speeds. My current press (a little Delta benchtop) only goes down to 600 rpm, which is a bit fast to swing a really big bit (like a 6" circle cutter). I'd really like to be able to do that - so I have myself talked into something with ~200 rpm low speed. Alas, none of the radial arm presses can gear down that low.

TracyP

Tracy
Now you've done it! That's what I want for my next purchase!! I'd like to come up and see that thing in action!!

:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Sounds like a Saturday morning breakfast, Saturday evening dinner, or whatever we can do:gar-La;. Come on any time, it is a nice machine and has the features that you stated you want in a drill press.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Delta made a similar unit some years ago. I bought one at auction for my dad so he'e leave mine alone. He has a small Wwing shop in the barn (actually an old converted milking parlor) and he loves the thing.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very nice Tracy - you rock!!. So, what kind of music do you need to play to get it to bob its head back and forth? :)

TracyP

Tracy
It slowly sways to Pink Floyd,:rotflm: with it's eyes crossed of course.:wub:.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Wow! What a sweet machine. It looks incredibly versatile. Do mention what the HP is 1/4, 1/3, etc.....

Congrats !

I have a HF 13in swing bench,......hmmm. I smell upgrade in my future!

Matt

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I stole a used Rikon RA Drill earlier this year. Thanks MD. Tracy you are going to love that baby.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Tracy:

Looks really nice. How do you change speeds? Do you have to move belts from one pulley to another? How many speeds? Just curious :eusa_thin.

Doug

Great purchase Tracy. I'm green with envy.:jealous:

PS - Fishing trip was great - no shrimp anywhere Friday when we came home. Didn't keep any fish either, my fishing buddies wanted it.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Tracy nice score, you ROCK.:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

But I'll show my ignorance. :slap: What is the advantage of a Radial press over a regular one, other than the head turns and looks cool? :thumbs_up What does this feature get you? :dontknow::eusa_thin

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS