First Commission Project...But no big deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Friday a neighbor stopped by the shop and asked me to make a Gun Rack for a Christmas present. He had looked in retail stores (think WalMart) and could not find one. He picked it up this morning. He was very pleased. I sure like the color of the paper he placed in my hand. :eusa_danc

I made three so I would have a least one good one. I knew if I messed it up I would not have time to make another by Christmas. They all were good except one small blemish on one. I gave it to my son to add to his gun room. I had a total of $.97 out of pocket expense in each one. I used some of the wood from my stack of recycled red oak.

I had a productive week in the shop. Three gun racks, finished two more checker boards and routed out two 16 x 24 raised letter signs.

dozer

Mike
Nice Rack :rolf: (sorry had to be the first to say it)

Nice work Dolan. But slow down a little you are going to make the rest of us look bad :lol:

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Nice looking gun rack, Dolan. I bet he was pleased. :-D

I am actually looking forward to some shop time over the next week. I only hope I can be half as productive as you.

Chuck

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
Yea that paper does feel good doesn't it? That looks really nice, good job and keep on with it. Maybe you can do some with a little extra twist and make some more cash with the same kind of small expense.

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
Looks great. Give us a narrative on how you built them.

Is there a difference if you build three instead of one.

Pattern?

How'd you cut the radii? Jig or band?

Hey, I'm here to learn, and obviously, you've got something to share.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Looking good Dolan! That gun rack will still be around after WalMart has gone out of businesss. :icon_thum

Look forward to seeing pixs of your signs,
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS