First and most important skill in hand tool work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I hear newer and older woodworkers say "I can't do anything with a hand plane, they just don't work for me".

Chisels less often but they tend to be forced into work rather than the finesse they deserve.

So, having troubles with hand planes and chisels? Most likely they are not sharp ENOUGH!

There is sharp and then there is SHARP.

Come and learn the biggest secret to sharpening... it takes more work than skill.

Learn by doing.

Date set as soon as we have enough interest shown.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
a refresher and a good chance to get my planes and chisels back into shape sounds wonderful. I am in depending on date and time.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
As usual, my definition of sharp falls far less that what Mike defines as SHARP. depending on the date, I could be in also.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Interested date dependent - work dependent!

bash

New User
bash
Very interested. I would need to start from learning the basics as opposed to a refresher.

Opensightryan

New User
Ryan
I'm up for it. I hate to make it conditional but I'm starting a new job with Duke energy on June 18th. If they call I gotta go, also baby has those privileges.

zapdafish

New User
Steve
works for me.

Was processing some 9/4 Ash this weekend and figured I'd give it a go with hand tools before using the power tools. Boy it did not go well and I suspect sharpness or lack there of was part of the problem.

How does June 30 look for all y’all?

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
Whew! Over an hour from Fayetteville, but I enjoyed the last one so a tune-up on my technique is in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS