Finishing Workshop series

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Richard, I could send you my latest projects and you finish them for me as a demonstration............ :D:p ............ Love to attend .... kinda long drive though
You’d need to start thumbing now to make it. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Oka

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
I would like to attend.

Question about the PPE. It says you need a respirator. I’m assuming you are talking about a self contained N95 mask versus a respirator that is connected to a fresh air supply. (Sorry, this goes back to my days in a shop where painters in the enclosed spray booth used respirators and people who were doing sanding wore an N95 mask).

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would like to attend.

Question about the PPE. It says you need a respirator. I’m assuming you are talking about a self contained N95 mask versus a respirator that is connected to a fresh air supply. (Sorry, this goes back to my days in a shop where painters in the enclosed spray booth used respirators and people who were doing sanding wore an N95 mask).
A personal N95 mask not anything with a fresh air supply. I’m also not speaking of the disposable N95 masks either. There will be some sanding involved. Also some spraying activities will be involved. Participants will be mixing and working around solvent based products so safety glasses, gloves (several pairs of gloves) and appropriate lung protection are required. That and the sanding activities can be a health hazard. I want everyone take their health and safety seriously.

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
A personal N95 mask not anything with a fresh air supply. I’m also not speaking of the disposable N95 masks either. There will be some sanding involved. Also some spraying activities will be involved. Participants will be mixing and working around solvent based products so safety glasses, gloves (several pairs of gloves) and appropriate lung protection are required. That and the sanding activities can be a health hazard. I want everyone take their health and safety seriously.
Got it, I guess they call it a respirator mask.

Attachments

• 1A365FAF-0C0A-4431-9EAC-0DED9E6695F8.jpeg
    1A365FAF-0C0A-4431-9EAC-0DED9E6695F8.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 70

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Got it, I guess they call it a respirator mask.
This is the type mask I wear if I'm spraying a finish in my sealed finishing room. For the spraying workshop, when we'll be doing that, I highly recommend something like this to keep you from inhaling the fine vapors. For the rest of the workshops, you may or may not decide you need this level of protection.

As Richard said, we want you to be cognizant of your own health and safety, and we recommend a respirator or mask, but the decision is up to each individual.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Half-faced respirator! Get organic vapor filters, not dust only.

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will set up a sign up post this evening for the first finishing workshop. There will be six slots open first come first serve. Everyone else will be put on standby if someone drops out then I’ll go down the list and see who is available. If there is a enough interest then we will gladly repeat the class in close order.

JeffH

Jeff
Senior User
Wish I could attend just about all of them, but it's over 3 hours each way for me. Outstanding agendas, though.

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hi,

Is this December 10 workshop full?
Yes, there is a sign up thread on this forum and you can sign up for the wait list. We will have a second workshop after the first of the year.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Did this workshop take place? Was any of it recorded?

Yes, it took place but was not recorded. I took a number of pics during the workshop, which you can see here. Richard might do another beginner's workshop in 2024. If you're interested let me know and I'll put your name on the wait list.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS