Finishing gloves

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Do any of y'all use rubber gloves when finishing? If so what kind do you use? My wife works in a research lab at NCSU and brings me home sample packs of gloves occasionally. I like to use them, when I remember that I have them, for wipe on finishes to keep the manicure looking fresh:-D . But I haven't found any that hold up very long with exposure to most finishes, and they end up melting or disinegrating quickly.
Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Dave, I buy the blue nitrile gloves from HF when I see them on sale. They seem to hold up fine with finishes and solvents. They come in a box of 100.

D L

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]NITRILE GLOVES, EX-LARGE (PACK OF 100)[/FONT]
37050.gif

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Superior Protection from Most Substances[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Better than latex for resisting chemical solvents and oils. Conforms to user's hand the longer they are worn, providing support and reducing hand fatigue.[/FONT] [FONT=arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
ITEM 37052-1VGA

$9.99

[/FONT]

erasmussen

New User
RAS
I get a box of a hunderd or so at the drug store for a couple of bucks and use then once and throw them away:eusa_thin

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Maybe that is why my wife gives me the sample packs...they're the crappy gloves. The look like the blue Nitrile, but they don't hold up very well.
Dave:)

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
I use the Microflex Supreno Powder-Free Nitrile Exam Gloves :icon_thum because they have textured fingers that provide a firm grip either wet or dry. Easy to get on/off and features extended cuff to protect wrist and forearm. Powder-Free gloves prevent any powder from getting into your finishes. I get mine from Lab Safety. Note: Some people have a reaction to latex. :crybaby2: Terry

www.labsafety.com

J

jeff...

I like rubber for other "things", never really thought about gloves... ;-)

M

McRabbet

I use Nitrile gloves that I've bought at Lowes, but after seeing the suggestion that Harbor Freight has them for 10¢ apiece, I'm going to check there next time. BTW, if you're not on their e-mailing list, you would not have gotten this. I might go for the 18 Ga Stapler Kit. Rob
If graphics do not display below, view this email online
hdr.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica,
sans-serif]PRICES- Although we make every effort to assure that our prices, products and coupons are advertised as accurately as possible, we are only human, and in the event an error is made, we reserve the right to correct it. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica,
sans-serif]Press:[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Find A Store Near You[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To Change Your Email Address[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Look for our upcoming ad in your mailbox or newspaper or[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Check out our current ad here.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica,
sans-serif]Keep Getting This Newsletter[/FONT][FONT=Arial,
Helvetica, sans-serif]For uninterrupted delivery, add mktdelano@promo.harborfreight.com to your address book or anti-spam whitelist.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To unsubscribe from Harbor Freight Retail Store money saving coupon offers, press here.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica,
sans-serif]Offer valid June 2 through June 4, 2006
Offer only valid at Harbor Freight Tools Retail Stores
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica,
sans-serif]Opt-in for Harbor Freight Tools-USA offers provided by Harbor Freight Tools-USA.
Copyright 2006, Harbor Freight Tools-USA
3491 Mission Oaks Blvd. Camarillo, CA. 930121 (843) 676-2603
9:00am-5:30pm
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica,
sans-serif]Monday - Friday
Eastern Time
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica,
sans-serif]22retailB[/FONT]​

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Lately, I have been using latex surgical gloves. I have a box of expired gloves that my wife got me. It is really kind of fun to unwrap my sterile gloves and "prepare to finish" like it is surgery or something...

Too bad my work usually looks like it was done by the equivalent of a drunk surgeon in Tijuanna :lol:

To answer the question, the latex seems to hold up fine to the finishes I have used them with to date (paint, danish oil, waterlox). They also stand up pretty well to 5W20 synthetic oil. However, MSO seems to degrade them rapidly.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
I use the latex gloves sold a Sam's club for quite a bit, but more to keep my hand sweat and oils from contaminating/rusting my tools and work pieces than for anything else. They work okay to protect from latex but mineral spirits make them go away. I use nitril sparingly when needed for mineral spirits, etc.:lol:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
One thing about the gloves at HF is they have different sizes up to XL if IIRC. I have very large hands and the universal sizes are too tight for me.

DavidF

New User
David
Another great use for the latex gloves is getting dog hair off car seats - works like magic and faster than the vacuum.. Just pull on a glove and wipe the seat:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS