Finished Project Lab Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I finally got this finished. It took a lot longer than I thought it would, mostly because I had so little time to work on it. I had to do a little bit then wait till the next weekend or sometimes the next month. Anyway I think it looks good and serves the purpose.

IMG_3006.JPG

IMG_3007.JPG

IMG_3009.JPG

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I think that is a beautiful job no matter how long it took you to complete it.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Box joints for the carcass? I like how you did the shelf support and attached the back. Very classy all around.
Dave:)

jmauldin

New User
Jim
Mike
Looks great. I see you finally got it together. But you should have shown the dovetails more. Really sets it off.
ps. Thanks for getting the jig to Nick (0r whoever).
JIm in Mayberry

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Man, I love the wood...that's purdy. :icon_thum I like the composition on the back panel too.

I can't tell from the pics...didja use DTs or box joints for the carcass joinery?

Chuck

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Woweeeeeeeee(.sp), Mike!!!! That sure is a pretty case!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_clap

That scale looks right at home tucked in there!!!:wsmile::wsmile::wsmile:

Excellent craftsmanship!

Wayne

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
It has dovetails, but I made a bad mistake when I was cutting the mortices for the hinges. I had the case lying on my tablesaw at 90° to where I wanted it. I cut the hinges on the top instead of the side. So, now the dovetail pins are on top and bottom instead of on the sides. The case is exactly 18 inches square so it worked out anyway except for looks there is no difference.

I had a few other little mishaps but nothing is perfect or so they say. :roll:

rbdoby

New User
Rick
Mike,

You're too durn honest. We didn't need to know about the hinge mistake. Your work is beautiful. I really like the bras pins. What kind of catch did you use on the door?

Rick Doby

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Small bullet catch on the door. Heavy brass hinges with antique finish.

I won't tell the other mistakes. :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors