Finished my Intarsia Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Finally got the Intarsia Box project from the recent workshop done. It has a lot of gaps but not too bad for a first attempt. I decided to flock the inside of the box - came out pretty well but sure is a messy process. My arms are covered with blue powder.

Some pics.

DSC_0439_800x532_.jpg

DSC_0440_800x532_1.jpg

The flocking still isn't completely dry yet.

DSC_0441_800x532_.jpg

A small P1 screwdriver and some screw lube really came in handy for installing the tiny hinges.

wdkits1

New User
Mike
Hi Guys
Your boxes look real nice.:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up
So are you ready for the next challenge?

cskipper

Cathy
Those are very sharp!!! This is a skill that still escapes me. Michael, what did you use for the lining of your box?

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Hank claims that it's from my old worn out argyle boxers..... LOL. Actually, Elle, my daughter that received the box for her 16th birthday, likes to sew every so often. That came from her scrap box of misc fabric. She laughed when she opened the box as she recognized the fabric!
Thanks for the comments. It was a fun project.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hank claims that it's from my old worn out argyle boxers..... LOL. Actually, Elle, my daughter that received the box for her 16th birthday, likes to sew every so often. That came from her scrap box of misc fabric. She laughed when she opened the box as she recognized the fabric!
Thanks for the comments. It was a fun project.
I am kind of shocked that no one picked up on my (VTX Boxer-Man Mike) comment which happened to be a PM but is now part of "pink paint-style legend"

1. No I do not have insider information on argyle boxers
2. I did not see the (supposed) scrap that was (allegedly) stolen for use as lining

:rotflm:

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Very nice work gentlemen! We may end up leading the nation in producing intarsia artists--another first for NCWW!:D

TDeal

Tim
Senior User
Great job! With so much yard work this time of year I haven't finished mine yet, but look forward to doing so, and getting started on the Mallard Duck box, The kits are great!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Shipped mine off to my mom as a belated Mother's Day gift. She emailed me last weekend that she loved it. But what else would a mother say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS