Finished fence pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I am sure ya'll have read about the fence I was making for a display at the Southern Ideal Home Show in Raleigh. Well here it is set up in our booth. In addition to that fence I also built the carcass for an outdoor bar. Also always looking for opportunities to market my woodworking, I accessorized our outdoor fireplace with a few of my handcrafted boxes. The booth takes a hard 5 days to set up and then after the three day show we tear it down in just one day. It's a lot of work but we can pass up the opportunity.
S.I.Show05031_556566.jpg

S.I.Show05037.jpg

S.I.Show05034.jpg

S.I.Show05035.jpg

S.I.Show05036.jpg

S.I.Show05033.jpg

Thanks for looking, the show is open tomorrow, if anyone wants to come out. Hope to see you! Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
Hey, that turned out great! I really like the way that curve in the gate frames the logo - great job!

Sorry I couldn't go today, I wasn't in the neighborhood. :p Hope everything went well for you.

R

rickc

That came out really nice. I remember the unfinished picture you shared before the show. It came out great. Good job! Hopefully it also drew some interest and jobs for your company.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Insomniac, too bad you weren't in the neighborhood, but that doesn't surprise me. My boss actually wanted to put a rectangular sign up there and after I saw how well the radius of the sign matched the curve top gate I had to over-ride his call. Good thing I have a really cool boss, more a friend than boss.

rcorne: It did well for us but it could have done better. The management company that runs the show puts it one every year at the same time as a State home game. That really cuts into the attendence at the show. Even if people aren't going to the game the potential traffic jams the arise from the Home Show, weekly flea market, and big football game are enought to keep many away. Really bad scheduling on their part, but Sunday was better. Too bad I didn't see any of ya'll out there, hint, hint, Steve!!:):) :)
But anyway thanks for the complements, I like posting here everybody has something nice or constructive to offer. Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Dave,

Very nice! I go to the show about every third year--sorry I missed it this time. Apparently 'da boss has good judgment :lol:

The turnout may have been disappointing, but the results of the football game were awesome 8-O

Go Heels! :cool:

Sapwood

Jay

New User
Jay
Dave I was going to tell you I really liked the way that fence turned out until I found out you were the enemy! lol go heels

DaveO

New User
DaveO
How can you all go for a team whose color is baby blue, be a man and get red!!!:evil:

Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
The lock out, I've heard the commercials trying to get the hype back up. I am glad for the fans that all of Hockey is back. I am not much of a sports fan, so I find it funny that this thread has taken this direction, 'cause I don't really know what I'm talking about. My mom told me "if you can't be an athlete, then be an athletic supporter":lol: :lol: Dave:)

Jay

New User
Jay
Steve glad to see another hockey fan on the site. My favorite sport and the Canes are my favorite team. Don't know how they will look this year although they have done fairly well in the preseason. Go Canes and Heels!!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Jay said:
Steve glad to see another hockey fan on the site. My favorite sport and the Canes are my favorite team. Don't know how they will look this year although they have done fairly well in the preseason. Go Canes and Heels!!

Sorry, Sharks, I was a season ticket holder for 10 years, until we moved here.

We'll be going to canes games, but mostly to see the flyers.:eusa_shhh

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
DaveO said:
My mom told me "if you can't be an athlete, then be an athletic supporter

Somehow I don't think I read that the way she ment it :eusa_thin. Anyhow the booth turned out nice. Do know how you feel about it though. Couple weeks ago I did a tradeshow in DC ... spent 4weeks on the demo, 2 days getting the booth ready and all for about 3.5 hours total show time (across 2 days).

oh and for the record... The Yellow Jackets are the only folks you need to be cheering for:icon_thum.

Jay

New User
Jay
Steve I was a flyers fan until we got the canes. Best trade we ever made was Brindamour. Ya'll got the worst end of that deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS