Finished Christmas gift - cherry and sapele box

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark2

Mark
Corporate Member
Completed box for some of my daughters christmas more special tree ornaments. Box sides and panel on the top are Sapele, base and frame on lid are cherry. Colors turned out very similar though I only used clear satin Arm r seal for finish. Contrast in grain is more of what I was after.
Also coated lower half of interior with Suede Tex - great stuff and not hard at all to apply though I could have done a bit better in coating the bottom as it is a little thin in spots:BangHead:

DSCF2993.JPG

View image in gallery
DSCF2990.JPG

View image in gallery

Then I had to get a picture of my shop helper / dust collection system AKA Kailyn, my grandaughter:gar-Bi
DSCF2940.JPG

and a few jigs / sleds built to overcome some of the issues I had on a box built earlier this year with similar miter joints

View image in gallery

KC7CN

New User
Don
Completed box for some of my daughters christmas more special tree ornaments. Box sides and panel on the top are Sapele, base and frame on lid are cherry. Colors turned out very similar though I only used clear satin Arm r seal for finish. Contrast in grain is more of what I was after.
Also coated lower half of interior with Suede Tex - great stuff and not hard at all to apply though I could have done a bit better in coating the bottom as it is a little thin in spots:BangHead:

Very nice work Mark! The raised panel lid and mitered frame is a real touch of quality! I can appreciate the effort you put into this project!

Cato

New User
Bob
Very nice job on this box. I like the way you did the top.

Your daughter will love it, and so much better to give them something that will last and they will always think of you when they use it.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice work!

Jigs like you have constructed are so simple but super effective.

All of your miters look nice and tight and splines really add a classy touch.

Well Done!

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS