Finished a Walnut Hall Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSuther

New User
Stan
Wanted to show you that I actually do produce a bit of furniture from time to time. I finished this hall table right before Christmas to fill a request from my spouse for our entry hall. I designed it specifically to fill this space. Much of the work was done with hand tools which I enjoy using for joinery. The front apron and drawer fronts were made from a single piece so that when assembled, the grain flows across the front. Used a homemade scratch stock to add a bead at the bottom of the aprons.

Hall_Table_2009_015_Small_.jpg

Hall_Table_2009_004_Small_.jpg

Hall_Table_2009_010_Small_.jpg

Hall_Table_2009_003_Small_.jpg

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Stan,

That is a Very Beautiful Hall Table~! I love the Walnut. Did you use Maple for the drawers?

I bet you have a Very Happy Wife~!

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
Very nice Stan. I like how you did the front apron and drawer front's from a single board. I do that also and it's one of those details that makes a piece pop! Way to go.

Red

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Stan,

That's a beautiful table. LOYL must be pleased.

(You did convince her that you needed a few new tools to complete the project, didn't you? :gar-La;)

M

McRabbet

Beautiful Table, Stan. I'm sure LOYL is very pleased and you're smiling, too!

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
good stuff!:icon_thum:icon_thum surely the wife is happy with it. mine would be IF she had a place to put it.:gar-Bi

nelsone

New User
Ed
Looks like you managed to have those saws sharpened correctly!!!

Great looking table. The joinery looks perfect!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Excellent work there, Stan!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

The beading detail really is a fantastic touch of class.

Wayne

sapwood

New User
Roger
Beautiful, Stan!
Every detail is right. No doubt your wife is happy and proud of the skill you demonstrate :icon_thum

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS