Finished a couple bottle stoppers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I just finished a couple wine bottle stoppers. Let me know what you think.

Bloodwood_Bottle_Stopper.jpg

2011-12-08_23_56_26.jpg

navy1990

New User
Matt
Mike,

I just got into making bottle stoppers myself. Sold 3 of the first 5 I made and they ended up at a winery in Napa Valley. They are nowhere near as nice as yours, but I keep trying new things to make them better. Great job on the stoppers. They are very beautiful and I love the first pic of the one with darker grooves in the lighter wood. I might have to try that technique for myself. Thanks for sharing the pictures and some inspiration.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
+1 on the 1st one there, Mike!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Can you let us in on the wood you chose and the finish??

(BTW Do you do anything different - finish wise - for a bottle stopper that may be exposed to damp wine or needs to be rinsed and cleaned?:icon_scra)

Nice work!

Wayne

Nelson

Nelson
Senior User
Great looking stoppers Mike. (Side note--I like your quote & I actually just got in a box full of Dave Ramsey books & CD's today. Now, if only we could get our elected officials to read them!)

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Folks, Mike stopped by the shop the other night to pick up his beeswax (thanks Michael Manfre!), and he showed me this stopper in person.

It looks even better live than it does in the photo, and it looks great in the photo!

Nice work Mike!

Scott

MikeH

New User
Mike
Thanks for the compliments.

Scott it was great seeing you and finally seeing the "new" shop. It is awesome! Have you posted the pic from the other night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS