Finished a bowl and made two spoons (PICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Re: Finished a bowl and made two spoons today

You're such a tease... hope you had fun! :icon_thum

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
IMG_14101.JPG

Also finished another spoon that I started a long time ago.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
:icon_cheers that bowl has some nice figure!:icon_thum:icon_thum nice work Mike.

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Mike, two of the spoons look like you turned the handles. Is that right? i think I saw Peter Child do that in his book on turning. I have always just carved the spoons, but I like the way you put a bead on your handles.

Roy G

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Thanks Roy,

Yes, the handle is turned and the bowl of the spoon is hand carved. I offset the turning so the bowl tilts like a proper spoon and not like those cheap machine turned spoon like objects.

I started doing the bead when a friend asked me to make the perfect spoon for him. He wanted it to stand in a pot and not slip down like most spoons do. So, I came up with the bead, it catches on the rim of a bowl or pot and won't slip down into the bottom. Now I do it as a decorative touch but I can adjust to fit if someone wants a special spoon. The ball on the top has a story too, but I'll save that for another time.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
No, I think it got lost in the big move from the farm. Or it may be somewhere in my basement or the wood stack down by the old pool. I had so many people helping us move I'm still not sure where everything is.

What size?

Was it covered in wax?

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
I think I remember it being about 12x12x8 and I think it had wax on the end grain, however I'm not sure. It might have been alittle bigger and I think it had some small checks in it.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I have a piece that I don't remember buying, it's about 6x8x12 and waxed on ends. I'll try to make a picture of it this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS