Finiahed Curly maple vanity project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umich684

New User
Jake
Cradle to grave project for a client. Timbered the trees, seasoned the wood (all 4000bf!) milled and built a 8' double vanity. Height increased for bad backs, toe kick drawers for towel/TP storage, and chamfer center drawer stack. Would you believe I actually built this piece 12" to big at first? That's a rough customer call. Ended up having to re-size the whole thing!
IMG_5814.JPG

View image in gallery

DSC02334.JPG

View image in gallery

DSC02333.JPG

View image in gallery

A fun project. 50 man hours for construction, 15 for finish. This is the first time I've used Knape & Vogt undermount slides for the drawers (not the toe kick drawers, they needed full extension side mount). K&V have an excellent product, function the same as the blume with better price.

Umich684

New User
Jake
Length wise. the 3 drawers on each end were 6" wider. (much more proportional in my opinion) But you can see where the entry to the bathroom is just at the left hand base of the first picture// Oops! Had to be done.

Thanks for the compliments!

Dragon

New User
David
Very nice piece of work. I like the design and the wood is beautiful. You did a great job finishing that.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
That's beautiful work. It would take me at least a year to try to make something like that.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Re: Finished Curly maple vanity project

Beautiful job! Thanks for the toe kick towel drawer idea, we're planning a new bathroom and that would be perfect! Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS