Finally started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike K

Mike
Corporate Member
My son has been after me to make his bedroom furniture. Started with the nightstands. Desk, dresser, and book cases are next. Time to get busy. All made out of Alder. MK
Nightstand_feb_2010.jpg

View image in gallery

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Make,

The night stands are beautiful. The wood look like it's almost glowing. What kind of a finish did you use? Looking forward to seeing the next few pieces. Your son must be pretty excited to see these.

Mike K

Mike
Corporate Member
I used Tried & True danish oil finish. Pretty easy to apply. Just two coats and it turned out nice. Yes he can't wait for the rest to be done..Thanks...MK

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Mike,

I meant to ask... is your son a young guy, or can you pull him into the shop to do some of the sanding? :gar-Bi

Every one of my kids has an order in for something or other. There's nothing I'd like more than to stop traveling on business so much and just make furniture for them. They all know that when I do slow down, I'll make (or at least try) anything they want... as long as they buy the wood.

Mike K

Mike
Corporate Member
He turns 10 this month and he has expressed an interest in learning woodworking. We are starting out slowly. Actually my daughter and my wife want to learn how to do some turning, so I guess that the whole family is going to get involved. Looks like I may need a bigger shop...Mk

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Mike,

Whole family involved? That's really terrific. Only one of my was ever interested. When one of my daughters was in high school, she started working with me on Saturdays for Habitat for Humanity. I think at first it was just an excuse to hang out with dad but she got to really enjoy the work. She like the finish work best... trim carpentry and painting. I guess that figures... today she is an artist.

Glennbear

Glenn
Looks like a great start Mike :eusa_clap I am only 24 months behind schedule on the START of my bedroom suite. :embaresse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS