Finally got to do my own kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Brewer

New User
Jay
Hi everyone, I finally got around to remodeling my kitchen. I started building the cabinets the first week of July. We gutted the kitchen back to the studs. I hired out the Electrical, plumbing, drywall and painting. I did everything else (I forgot how much I hated tile work).​

The cabinets are all prefinished plywood, The stained cabinets are Alder with a custom stain I mixed myself. The island is made of Soft Maple with a white lacquer and glaze finish. The legs are from Osborne, I made everything else.

Well, its not completely finished. There is a light rail molding that goes around the bottom of the uppers and a few pieces of molding to go at the bottom of the island. I am working on them now before all my tools get gone. If you haven't seen my "for sale" ad, I am getting out of woodworking for awhile. I just don't have the time anymore. This kitchen was the last thing on the list.

Thanks for looking, and also a big thank you to everyone that has sent me PM's wishing me the best. This is a great bunch of people here.
DSC036421.JPG

View image in gallery

DSC03934.JPG

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Wowzer-that's be-a-u-tiful!

And more power to you-doing your own kitchen can certainly drive you mad.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very showy kitchen!!!!!!!!:icon_thum

Fabulous work. Hope you manage to stay there and enjoy the beauty.

Wayne

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
Awesome job on the kitchen. It's a great feeling to do your own kitchen and be proud of what you have done.

Red

WoodRose

New User
Sam
I cannot let the LOML see that... I would be working my back side off for months if she did!! That is really nice. Very Impressive!!:icon_thum

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
OK you have officially killed my idea of re-doing our kitchen. You've set the bar waaaaay too high and if I ever redo it, it will have to be a secret kept from NCWW (i.e I'll never share pics).

Nice work - design and execution. Very impressive.

Henry

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Ditto What Henry said! I have a kitchen redo in my future within the next 18 months - bar set way high...

Beautiful work. Well done.

C.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Love it. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

We had our kitchen redone 2 years ago. I would have liked to done the cabinets and work myself, but I knew it was way too big of a job for me. As it turned out we were so disgusted with the job we would have had the work ripped out if we had the cash to have done it.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Eh, It is ok. Haha, just kidding. Unbelievable work. Looks great. Judging by your name and the shirt you were wearing and the stamp on the drawer, it looks like you do this for a living. How long have you been doing kitchens?

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I hope to have a kitchen half that nice one day. Excellent work! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Jay Brewer

New User
Jay
Thank you everyone for the compliments. I sprayed the last coat on the remaining moldings last night. I hope to get them installed this weekend and finally wrap this kitchen up.

Thanks again.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jay, from one designer, builder, installer to another. A really good job. I hope you and family enjoy your kitchen for long time.
Regards, Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS