Finally Got Back In The Shop And Built BBQ Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillPappas

New User
Bill
It has been way to long, but I finally built something this past weekend. I needed a table to go with my BBQ, this is what I came up with....

I got the wood from Anchor Hardwoods in Raleigh, nice folks!

Thanks,

Bill

IMAGE_1000000166.JPG

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Great looking table Bill, and good to see you post a completed project! It's amazing how we go from "throw a couple of burgers on the grill" to 3,226 accessories :) :tool:

BillPappas

New User
Bill
Bas, no doubt the BBQ hobby has more accessories than one would imagine when you start down the road. Still nothing compared to the stuff we collect for wood working. I really enjoy the Big Green Egg and it is easy enough to use that it gets used almost everyday.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
A grill that nice deserved a table that nice!! :icon_thum Nice work! :wsmile: Nicely done! :eusa_clap

When do we eat?? :wwink::wwink:

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Great looking table.

I stink at wood identification. What did you use on this?

pviser

New User
paul
Nice table. I, too, enjoy a simple weekend (or two) project to regroup and clean up the shop before the next three-month commitment.

BillPappas

New User
Bill
Great looking table.

I stink at wood identification. What did you use on this?

Mark - the wood is Angelim Pedra, fairly dense and heavy. From what I read it is used for flooring. Anchor Hardwood has it for $5 per board (6" x 49") and the size worked well for my table.

Thanks to all for the kind words!

Bill

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Mark - the wood is Angelim Pedra, fairly dense and heavy. From what I read it is used for flooring. Anchor Hardwood has it for $5 per board (6" x 49") and the size worked well for my table.

Thanks to all for the kind words!

Bill

That's some good looking stuff. I see that it is also used for decking, so I guess it would be great to use for an outdoor project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors