Finally finished the sofa table

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkintKnuckle

New User
Martin
I've been working on this for several months, along with several other projects, it's finally finished. The top is lacewood, zebra wood trimmed in some really light hard maple and plain mahogany. The legs and aprons are figured mahogany trimmed in some more maple and some walnut scraps. I originaly planned to put some drawers in it, but opted out to keep it very simple.

Wife is happy with it.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very, very nice, Martin!!!:wsmile::wsmile::wsmile:

The figure in the mahogany coupled with the inlay really makes the top sparkle!!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

I can easily see how the LOYL is pleased.

Nice job,

Wayne

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I can see why the wife is happy with it:icon_chee:icon_chee. You did a great job on the table.

skeeter

New User
Charles
Very nice work. I like the design. Inlay makes the Lacewood really stand out and a great looking finish.

SkintKnuckle

New User
Martin
Thanks for the compliments folks.

Roger sanded with ros down to 400 grit, then simply tung oil rubbed back with steel wool after each coat, there are about 5 coats on the top 3 on the legs and apron. It could have used anothe couple of coats, but my wife wouldn't wait any longer.

This is the first lacewood I've worked with, the grain really pops with the tung oil.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's beautiful, too beautiful to put things on it, which I am sure will be it's ultimate fate :eusa_hand

Dave:)

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Thats a beautiful table. I am glad my wife doesn't see this stuff she would want one like it.

Is Tung oil easy ? I've never used it.:notworthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS