Finally finished dresser

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedawg76

New User
Sam
After many months and interruptions, I've finally completed my daughter's dresser. Construction is walnut, w/ curly maple drawer fronts (Chris' lumber run), and poplar as the secondary wood including the drawer sides, runners and drawer bottoms. Much of the work is done by hand including the joinery and the curve in the base (coping saw, spokeshave, and rasp). Here's the link to my previous post detailing some of the construction:
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49156

The drawer fronts are finished w/ shellac (padded on) and rubbed out w/ steel wool/wax. The walnut is finished w/ oil/varnish and waxed.

DSC03368.JPG

DSC03350.JPG

DSC03356.JPG

DSC03357.JPG

09woodie22

New User
Gabe
Exceptional work! All of that hand-cutting and hand-forming is the essence of love put into your work. Your daughter and family will cherish that forever. Congratulations.

bluedawg76

New User
Sam
thanks all for the kind words!

Looks great! Did you half-blind-dovetail all those drawers by hand?

yes! half-blinds are quite a bit more work (i.e. time-consuming), than through dovetails b/c the waste is chopped out w/ a chisel, but they're not really any more difficult.

MagGeorge

New User
George
Fantastic dresser! Great design, like the legs and the wood combo. Awesome finish, the pretty grains really stand out. Excellent work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors