Finally - accurate resawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralrick

New User
Rick
I struggled with by Jet 14" bandsaw trying to get accurate cuts for years. I never really knew why I couldn't keep the blade tracking and vertical and therefore could never make accurate cuts. Long story short, I finally figured out the tracking hinge was bent and that bend made it impossible for me to properly tension the blade and get the blade to align properly. (I created another thread for the bandsaw repair and replacing the hinge if interested).

Anyway, after changing out the hinge, adding a new tensioning crank from Iturro designs and a new Carter tensioning arm, I now have a bandsaw that is finally making great cuts. I built a quick fence for resawing and have just made some great slices of walnut. Woodworking is so much more enjoyable when the tool actually works the way intended. :)

IMG_5612.JPG

Rick

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
I also had a problem from the beginning trying to resaw with my 10" Delta Shopmaster. My eventual fix was a little more expensive than yours. I bought a Rikon 10-326! Resaw problems are a thing of the past, at least for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS