Figured Wood Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

David EB

New User
David
If anyone knows any local (within 1,000 miles) sources for buying figured hardwoods at reasonable prices, then please email me tailgatefarms@gmail.com or call 704-962-2823 cell. I live in Charlotte, NC. Thanks, David EB

M

McRabbet

David,

I have moved your thread to a more appropriate forum where you should get some answers to your request. You might want to be more specific in your requirements -- e.g., do you want 4/4 lumber? thicker? exotocs? turning blanks? Be sure to check with our sources found under the "Woodworking in NC" drop down options on the brown Nav Bar above.

As a new member, we welcome you to post an introductory thread in the Who We Are forum, too.

CoolHandLuke

New User
Dave
yeah, I have a few sources...But it depends on what you are looking for.. is there anything in particular you want (species, dimensions, uses, etc.)?

David EB

New User
David
I'm looking for highly figured maple, walnut, birch, etc (burl, spalded, birds eye, etc.). I prefer the wook to be rough sawed and dry. Finished dimensions (which I will cut) will be 5" Long, 1 1/2" Wide, and 1" plus thick. Thanks,

David EB

New User
David
Just drove out and met Kyle. He got nice wood. Got a few pieces to test out stabilizing. How do I get in touch with cormark? Thanks,

jmauldin

New User
Jim
Try Wall's Lumber Co. in Mayodan. He just may have it, or certainly could get it. Steve is a great guy.
Jim in Mayberry

M

McRabbet

Wood suppliers across NC can be found under the Woodworking in NC / Wood Suppliers drop down on the lower Brown Nav Bar. Cormark International is listed in Region 1.

David EB

New User
David
Yes. I've been stabilizing wood and bone for the pen and knife folks for the past 2-yrs. I'm retired, gives me something to do. Thanks,

JohnW

New User
John
David,

Check out Nice Figures out near Morehead City owned by Sharon Barrett & Paula LaBelle. web site is nicefigures.com. Don't know if they are still selling lumber but they used too...and if they are...it's ALL highly figured with many species to choose from. Figured wood is the only thing they handle....besides some incredible self made items in their gallery.

David EB

New User
David
David,

Check out Nice Figures out near Morehead City owned by Sharon Barrett & Paula LaBelle. web site is nicefigures.com. Don't know if they are still selling lumber but they used too...and if they are...it's ALL highly figured with many species to choose from. Figured wood is the only thing they handle....besides some incredible self made items in their gallery.

Thank you, I'll take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors