Festool Vacuums / Dust Collector information

spartyon8

Peter
User
Yes - and that is a major reason NOT to purchase the CT15 because the Festool cyclone would not attach to it!

For me, I already had the HD bucket lid and wanted to use that with my CT15. The orange Ridgid hose works great with the CT15. All I had to do was trim one end of the connecter to fit in the lid of the extractor. The bungee cords on top were just long enough to keep the Ridgid hose neat. Now, I am not planning to heavily invest in Festool products to the point where I would need the systainer attachment. A teacher salary limits those kinds of shop investments.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
For me, I already had the HD bucket lid and wanted to use that with my CT15. The orange Ridgid hose works great with the CT15. All I had to do was trim one end of the connecter to fit in the lid of the extractor. The bungee cords on top were just long enough to keep the Ridgid hose neat. Now, I am not planning to heavily invest in Festool products to the point where I would need the systainer attachment. A teacher salary limits those kinds of shop investments.
I would like to see pictures of your set-up. I have a "Shop vac" brand vacuum and it seems to fit nothing! I just bought the rockler Dust Right flexiport hose kit to attempt to connect my current Festool tools... at least until I pull the trigger on a "lil' green dust muncher"

spartyon8

Peter
User
I would like to see pictures of your set-up. I have a "Shop vac" brand vacuum and it seems to fit nothing! I just bought the rockler Dust Right flexiport hose kit to attempt to connect my current Festool tools... at least until I pull the trigger on a "lil' green dust muncher"

1D500074-3991-4BA3-BCD1-AC96C3EFCBAC.jpeg

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
About Festool in general. I've always agonized over the price, but never regretted the purchase.

Stated another way. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
yeah, that is what I am mentally battling - obviously I need to save-up for it, but when I do... what is the correct choice?
On top of that, if a $300-$400 vacuum works, how do I justify double or more...???

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
@spartyon8 I am guessing from the pictures, that you tend to leave this set-up stationary?
That is a secondary consideration, having the ability to have the whole kit mobile or at least easily storable...

spartyon8

Peter
User
@spartyon8 I am guessing from the pictures, that you tend to leave this set-up stationary?
That is a secondary consideration, having the ability to have the whole kit mobile or at least easily storable...

Yes, for the most part. It sits on the side of my workbench where I do most of the work (sanding, ripping, routering, etc.) With the larger breakdowns of plywood with a track saw I just take the extractor without the "cyclone/baffle".

Last edited:

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes, for the most part. It sits on the side of my workbench where I do most of the work (sanding, ripping, routering, etc.) What the larger breakdowns of plywood with a track saw I just take the extractor without the "cyclone/baffle".
That is cool! A good "dual use" scenario. How much do you "fill-up" the CT 15 when you do a breakdown?
Do they make a reusable bag for the CT 15 or do you have to use the "throw-away" versions?

spartyon8

Peter
User
I will take a picture later of the bag. I have only emptied it once but also made a modification to the bag to make it reusable.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will take a picture later of the bag. I have only emptied it once but also made a modification to the bag to make it reusable.
OOOH! REALLY interested in your modification...
Thank you for all the info - I REALLY appreciate it.

spartyon8

Peter
User
OOOH! REALLY interested in your modification...
Thank you for all the info - I REALLY appreciate it.

Sorry, the last week has been chaotic getting my students ready for break. I got the idea to mod the bag from a video on YouTube. Basically, cut the end off the stock bag and slide on a pvc tube to hold it. To empty, slide the pvc off and the bag opens to empty. It worked great the first time. However, they were larger chips from the router as I didn’t use the separator with it.

Attachments

• 828A4ACB-00AF-4DFB-8A3A-D0036AE955F5.jpeg
    828A4ACB-00AF-4DFB-8A3A-D0036AE955F5.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 143
  • ABB2A681-6E57-4B08-9B94-F7681F9CB8A3.jpeg
    ABB2A681-6E57-4B08-9B94-F7681F9CB8A3.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 136

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sorry, the last week has been chaotic getting my students ready for break. I got the idea to mod the bag from a video on YouTube. Basically, cut the end off the stock bag and slide on a pvc tube to hold it. To empty, slide the pvc off and the bag opens to empty. It worked great the first time. However, they were larger chips from the router as I didn’t use the separator with it.
Pretty cool! even if you only get two or three additional uses out of it - there is a pretty big cost savings. On the other hand if it is somewhat indefinite, that is even better!

spartyon8

Peter
User
The CT15 does have the autostart feature. I don’t regret buying it at all. My shop is small, if I can’t deal with the extras then I need to reexamine my choice of hobby. With that said, a production shop would be different.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS