Senior User
Not mine, etc.

Festool systainers - $0 (Iron Station)

1612105231430.png

Last edited:

RedBeard

Burns
Corporate Member
Anyone from RDU going to this area or vice versa? I could use 2 sys4s and 2 or 3 of the sys2s. Sounds like he just wants to dump them. He could probably get almost twice what he’s asking.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Anyone from RDU going to this area or vice versa? I could use 2 sys4s and 2 or 3 of the sys2s. Sounds like he just wants to dump them. He could probably get almost twice what he’s asking.
Interested too...
I contacted him and he will not ship, I need some help if some one is going???

RedBeard

Burns
Corporate Member
It doesn’t have to be someone from Raleigh. I could get to Greensboro. If someone from that area was going I’d help cover some costs.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am missing something. Why would anybody want empty plastic boxes? I have numerous Festool tools and I am too lazy to put the tools back in the case each time I use them so the boxes are just stacked up in storage - maybe I should sell them

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
I was thinking the same thing as Phil. I don't own any Festool and I've never seen one up close. Is there something special about them?

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am missing something. Why would anybody want empty plastic boxes? I have numerous Festool tools and I am too lazy to put the tools back in the case each time I use them so the boxes are just stacked up in storage - maybe I should sell them
If you got a #4 I am a buyer if you have a TS55 with the interior - that would be even better!

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
If you got a #4 I am a buyer if you have a TS55 with the interior - that would be even better!
Could you give me the dimensions of a #4 I do have my track saw in a case because I take it to job sites and I keep about 10 extra blades with it

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Could you give me the dimensions of a #4 I do have my track saw in a case because I take it to job sites and I keep about 10 extra blades with it
NOPE - I don't have one to get the dimensions from... - I was e-mailing the CL guy and he told me I needed a #4 for the tracksaw. Frankly any sys that you think will work, but I don't want to spend $80+ on one!
I was just looking it up and see ToolNut offering a "Festool 576011 TS 55 REQ Plunge Cut Track Saw w/ Systainer3"
So maybe a 3 would work?
Sys3 dimensions;

Width 11 1/2"(296 mm)
Length 15 1/2" (396 mm)

Width (internal) 10 1/2"(267 mm)
Length (internal) 15" (383 mm)

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
I was thinking the same thing as Phil. I don't own any Festool and I've never seen one up close. Is there something special about them?

You can put any tool in the Festool case, and if you've already got some, it's a good way to stack and organize all your tools. If it hadn't been a 3+ hour drive I would have bought everyone of them he was selling. I wouldn't call it anything "Special", no different than the other stackable boxes out there, but it's nice to have uniformity in stacking boxes. And the Festool lock together much easier than my Ridgid boxes.

Phillip Mitchell

Phillip
User
The main draw of the toolboxes is that they are interlocking, stackable, and modular. Very handy if you do any sort of work on-site or have to move your tools out of the shop - heck, they are useful even for working in the shop, especially if your shop is as small and cramped as mine where every bit of organization helps.

I have dozens of the Makita branded interlocking boxes (the old Festool / Tanos style) with the 4 hinged tabs that lock them and they are great for any and all handheld power tools and keeping stuff organized and stackable together. The price that these T Loc Festool boxes were offered at was well below 50% of retail price and even cheaper than Makita boxes, so it would have been worth it for me to grab a handful.

On that note, if any forum members have systainers sitting around collecting dust and would sell them for reasonable prices, I’m interested.

Billm0066

New User
Bill

the tools or systainers? The tools are incredible, some better than others. Systainers hold the tools perfectly, stack, and interlock. Very handy. Festool is more contagious than covid 19.

Pompeio

New User
Mike
You can tell the size of Sys2’s by counting the number of horizontal plastic bars below the inserted paper labels on the front of the systainer, i.e., a One has one plastic bar, the Two has two plastic bars, etc.
I am unsure, however, if this works with the newly released Sys3’s.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS