Senior User
Not mine, etc.

Festool DF 500 - $650 (Matthews)

1639950659427.png

Last edited:

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Pretty good price - says they'll include US shipping?
Is this too good to be true? That's not obvious, but if you are near Matthews and can meet in person, and want/need a Domino, this sounds like a great deal.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Pretty good price - says they'll include US shipping?
Is this too good to be true? That's not obvious, but if you are near Matthews and can meet in person, and want/need a Domino, this sounds like a great deal.

Agree. I don't trust CL enough to buy sight unseen.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I wouldn't touch that listing with a 10' piece of knotty pine...

Pictures look too perfect for any CL I've ever seen.

Be cautious.

Caution is always a good practice.

Pictures are not something that everyone excels in creating - sometimes easier to use one from the web. A 'borrowed from the web' pic may of course mean the tool for sale does not actually exist and that this is a scam, OR it may mean that was the expedient way to show a pic. If I were in the market and local, I would contact the seller and try to get a vibe...

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
if i were in the market its well worth emailing the guy. user a burner email if you want, but it's clear they just saved literature images and posted it for sale.

could be a scam? sure.

could it just be a guy that bought a 1k toy a few years ago and thought hey i want this other 500 toy maybe i'll sell that bugger in the garage i never use.

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member
I just sent an e-mail stating I am near Matthews and want to come over to pick it up so we'll see!!
I already have one but if it's everything he says it is, I'll buy it and resell it and probably make a few dollars. However, I'm not holding my breath waiting for a reply although he may state it's sold to avoid anyone wanting to come over.
And so, the drama continues.

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member
I sent an email asking what day and time I could get over there and asked for an address.
No answer---- oh well!!!!! Guess he didn't want visitors or he already sold it a couple of times to a few people who will never get it.
End of Story but I couldn't resist playing with him/her/it.......

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
I also asked him for non-stock pics, which he sent. then he mailed back saying he couldn't meet up until his dr approved him driving... Who knows

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
I also asked him for non-stock pics, which he sent. then he mailed back saying he couldn't meet up until his dr approved him driving... Who knows
Sounds sketchy to me. It would be interesting to see his response if somebody offered to pick it up at his place.

I had a CL seller claim he couldn't meet because of COVID concerns. He offered to ship the item to me if I paid 50% up front, and when I received it I could send the other 50%. He gave me a list of obscure pay sites similar to PayPal but that I had never heard of. No thanks.

Last edited:

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
Maybe he is still waiting on his "doctor" to approve him to drive, as well as respond to emails/texts. :p

Plug in their #, in Google, and see what you get. Also, you can use "truepeoplesearch.com" and plug in whatever info you have on them and see what results come back.

I'd comfortably say this listing is Spam, but who knows.

In their listing: "I can ship to anywhere in U.S. and I'll cover the shipping."
This really makes me think this is a SCAM.

Last year, there was a FB listing for a Rottweiler... "Puppy, AKC papers, yadda yadda.. We'll ship anywhere and cover the cost to ship ..." They only wanted $700 - $1,000 for the dog and shipping. They even went out of their way to make a fake website with fake courier website and tracking. Seemed very good and if you were not an IT nerd, like me, you'd definitely fall for the listing & website.

Anywho...

I know someone that fell for the listing and believed it all to be real. After digging around, nothing added up to me. The listing showed the dog to be in FL., yet, the "business info" (address & land line) showed it to be in Utah. The business owners name was completely different from the name they were giving to the person I know. I relayed all of this info to the person.. before they sent $700 to these people. They wanted to believe this was a good person and was telling the truth.

20+ minutes of continuing to explain to this person IP's, DNS, Domains..etc...fake website.. the website took a template from another template website and made it fit their listing...and this person still sent $700... After a tracking # that didn't work.. as well as a document saying the dog was coming from the UK, even though the listing said FL. and not until 1 week past.. did this person finally break down in even more tears.. and finally accepted they were scammed..

Not sure how many people are interested in this tool for this price... but take my story with a grain of salt.. and please be extremely cautious. I'd hate for anyone I know.. especially on here, get scammed.. especially so close to the holidays...

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
And this is why I hit the "flag" at top of screen. Enough flagging and CL will remove the listing

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors