Festool bags for drywall dust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
I just ordered the new festool ct26 extractor as my trusty shopvac + dust deputy finally gave up. Part of the reason I upgraded was to eliminate the need for the dust deputy and the associated hoses, space and general pain in the neck when trying to drag that setup around the house.

questiin is on the festool bags; how quickly will they block when vacuuming drywall joint compound sanding dust? Would it be a similar timeline as when doing regular sanding on wood with a ROS?

thx

redknife

Chris
Corporate Member
David, can you flush out how much drywall work you are talking about?
I have a CT26 and have used it along with an ETS sander for drywall projects- small rooms, patch jobs, etc. I wind up using the vac for drywall a fair amount in a homeowner setting as I’m always messing with something. It is said on sites like FOG that the HEPA filter clogs more frequently with drywall but I’ve not had it be a problem. I’ve checked the filter but have found that the dust is mostly packed in the bag. The CT26 bag collects starting opposite the hose inlet, and packs compactly as it fills. If you are doing large rooms you may just check the suction and filter periodically. For professional large repetitive jobs, I can’t comment but Festool makes an autoclean vacuum and Planex for that market segment. Of course, the better you are at mud, the less you need to sand so that’s a wildcard.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
David, can you flush out how much drywall work you are talking about?
I have a CT26 and have used it along with an ETS sander for drywall projects- small rooms, patch jobs, etc. I wind up using the vac for drywall a fair amount in a homeowner setting as I’m always messing with something. It is said on sites like FOG that the HEPA filter clogs more frequently with drywall but I’ve not had it be a problem. I’ve checked the filter but have found that the dust is mostly packed in the bag. The CT26 bag collects starting opposite the hose inlet, and packs compactly as it fills. If you are doing large rooms you may just check the suction and filter periodically. For professional large repetitive jobs, I can’t comment but Festool makes an autoclean vacuum and Planex for that market segment. Of course, the better you are at mud, the less you need to sand so that’s a wildcard.

Thx. I don’t have too much but since I have to patch a hole in the ceiling I figured I would redo all the cracked seams.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
Festool also offers a reusable bag that can be cleaned. These are expensive Ian I have not tried one but these could be an advantage as well. I am pathetic wth drywall and always use too much mud. I did some tape repairs on my ceilings etc. and did not have any issues. It was the first time I have ever done drywall work that my wife did not complain about the mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS